Rebalancing Skyrim

fourtylashes

I started archery because destruction was OP and easy with maxed enchanting (you can get -100% cast cost to X-school so mana becomes a non-issue).

Destruction is OP because of the Impact (I think that's it) perk that staggers anything you double cast on. Combine that with no mana cost and you have broken the game!

Combine enchanting with blacksmithing and you can create weapons that will have over 375 damage (with perks invested in 1h/2h/bow +dmg).

Add in alchemy for some OP +110% blacksmithing potions and omg. It just goes on and on. I think I may have discovered a loophole that lets you enchant stuff to increase alchemy potion power, then make a potion that lets you enchant stuff better, and if you keep going back and forth you can create infinitely powerful items. I haven't tinkered with it that much because honestly, the game is so easy now that it's kind of pointless.

If you made a balancing mod it should put +alchemy potion power at the very top and enchanting should never get double effect! The reason why is this:

My character wears

A ring with +45% bow dmg / -28% destro mana cost

An amulet with +45% bow dmg / - 28% destro mana cost

A robe with -22% (I think) destro mana cost and +150% mana regen.

I can't remember exactly what goes on helm, gloves, boots, but I know it brings my toon to 0 mana cost for destro while wielding a 375 dmg bow double enchanting to do 63 frost and 63 shock dmg. And since there's 0 mana cost to destro spells, it applies to damaging weapon enchants too! So my weapon never needs to be recharged.

The game needs a balancing patch, badly.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If you want to get more magicka, take up enchanting. Leveling isn't exactly the most efficient way to gain stats... at least at high levels. And leveling like that will simply get you killed... doesn't matter what your magicka is.

In fact, you could simply enchant -x% magicka cost.

Easy solution.

If you want to reach max level than it isn't going to be easy... you will have to perfect everything (ie. MAX level... everything is at its max...)

2. Well... in order to GET to that 100% increase, you need to reach extremely high levels in that skill... you can't just, at level 5, say, "ooh look! Double damage!"... it starts at 20, than 40, than 60, etc. By the time you reach that +100% point you will have much more than 5 skill points, I can assure you, and double damage without anything else isn't really going to get you through this game...

And of course they are going to pick them... you NEED to pick them to progress through the tree...

3. That's why you don't play pure destruction mage. Pure mage means every type of magic which is by no means underpowered. Ever heard of conjuration, illusion, alteration, etc.

What you don't realise is that pure-anything absolutely sucks.

Run around with only a sword, no armor or anything, and you die

Combine that with the Heavy Armor perks and the Shield Perks and you're set

In the same way, combine the destruction perks with the conjuration/alteration/illusion/whatever perks and you'll be set.

4. What are you even talking about... as you said, it is difficult until a high level to get stolen goods off of your hands; therefore, it won't be as profitable until much later on. But, when you are at that point, money won't be very useful anyways.

Thieving IS simply a pasttime... you can't kill a dragon through thieving... or even kill a group of bandits.

It is meant to make you money, which it does at a very nice pace with investment, so I do not see what you are arguing...

And people send bandits, assasins, etc. after you in terms of repurcussions... and think about it, in the real world, if you pick the lock to someone's house and sneak in there unseen, you can easily take everything... the only difference is you don't have to stay crouched....

5. Don't buy horses than... 1000g is not a lot, at all.

As for fast traveling, you are completely wrong. In fact, many people avoid fast travelling as it takes you out of the game and removes you from the wandering and exploring that makes skyrim so great.

6. Lol you must be doing something wrong then.

On the average difficulty, it'll be hard finding an archer that'll 3-shot you in steel armor... nonetheless in legendary glass.

This simply seems like an overexaggeration to prove a false point.

7. First, if decent perks like that weren't there, then nobody would ever want to advance in the perk tree! (I think you said something about that earlier... hmmm...)

8. A perk that makes super-powerful spells usable sounds quite desirable... they aren't going to give it to you early in the game so you can destroy everything... again, invest in enchanting if you are so against using perks...

Both 1h and 2h weapons are virtually the same... simply split up due to minor differences (a greatsword is nearly the same as a mace in terms of power and speed, etc.) The fact that both would paralyze with a back power attack makes perfect sense...

9. Some classes get familiars as their default magic... can't get it much earlier.

Limit yourself... break the game if you want, or don't. That's your decision... or simply take the game off of that "adept" difficulty you said you were playing on...

10. They aren't limiting the trees to make pictures... they are limiting them so you don't get dual enchanting, or master spells at level 2... it's called a skill tree... it's been in MANY games for a LONG time... get used to it...

There are plenty of perks already... how many do you think people can get with one skill point per level?

tl;dr: Your whole argument is completely invalid

• 3 months later...