Rebalancing Skyrim

fourtylashes

Problem is that you do not have "pure skils" but mage/warriors, sneak/mages archery/mages, 2hand ´+ mage etc. so that's not easily doable caus the balance must be remained even you skill "weird" or let's call it "other" that's the main issue to maintain. Which for me is nearly not possible.

what is this "balance" you speak of

i call bulls*** on that

its not at all desirable to make "weird" builds equally feasible

nevermind the difficulty to do so, should you succeed chances are that all you have created is a awfully dull game

in a dnd-based rpg nobody would expect a multiclass sorcerer/mage/cleric/rogue with 12 in all attributes to do as well as more sensible builds

you are supposed to be able to screw up and you are also supposed to be able to trade power for coolness

"dual-wielding scimitars with 12 strength and a medium-bab-class?"

"yep!"

"why?"

"cool!"

i personally don't like potions and scrolls

i avoid them in most games that i play

i do this in full knowledge that i make life harder this way

compromises are fun

don't take away the fun

Edited by gagugu

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently level 47 I and am a shield/one-hand fighter and I am finding it stupidly easy as smiting is much to easy to get to 100, enchanting wasn't to hard to get too 100 now I just find my self 3 hitting every mob on master difficulty the enchants are too overpowered with fully upgraded dragon armour I have no weaknesses using shield as I have close too 100% resists WITH OUT the 50% elemental resist skill and with heavy armour only at about 75 with most the perks in it I have 600+ armour not even the hardest hitting mobs do no more than 1/10 my HP and I don't have much as I stacked most my levels in stamina.

my stats are roughly

one handed is 98 with all damage perks

block is about 65 block is hard to level unless you just let mobs hit you I'm finding

heavy armour is around 75 this is low as before I was going to be two handed and light armour then switched

light armour is around 80

two handed is about 80 too

enchanting and smithing 100 these are too easy to level smiting took about a hour to get to 100 and only cost about 5000 gold worth of items and about 10k of training. the same goes for enchanting.

restoration is about 70 too I just use it when I am low on HP only the basic healing spell.

and lock picking is about 80

then most the other skills are the starting stats

300 HP base

430 stamina with enchants

130 mana

640 armour

92% resists on fire and frost 46% lightning max enchant is 46% per item. shield has 2 resist boots have 1 then amulet have 2 46% resists

and my 1 handed sword hits for around 140 damage with 2 40% enchants with para 5 seconds and frost 31 damage enchants.

TL,DR

tank is god mode with good gear, enchanting and smithing are to easy to level and are too OP

Edited by seras666

#1 - You are required to level every skill in Skyrim to reach max level

I have a love/hate relationship with this concept, really. I think that the limits imposed on characters who wish to specialize are not too great, but at the same time, many of the skills are used in normal gameplay, unless you specifically avoid them, and that is a role-playing choice that hasn't got much to do with the balance of the game itself.

#2 - Most bottom-end talents are all you need

I happen to like the later perks, and intentionally am going for those instead of grabbing maximum damage. This is a matter of choice, really.

#3 - Pure magic-based builds suck

Again, I both agree and disagree. Playing a mage without magicka regen gear is impossible, this is true. Killing a single enemy drains your entire magicka bar, which without spending fortunes in potions leaves you drained throughout a fight. With the dual-casting perks, however, there are precious few enemies that stand a reasonable chance against you in single combat. It depends a lot, I suppose, on the specifics of the build. Do you allow yourself armour? Do your allies take the brunt of the combat while you stay and support? That sort of thing has a big impact.

#4 - Theft is too strong and too annoying at the same time

Haven't actually tried much thievery - I'll have to make a thief character to try it out.

#5 - Horses are too costly

You get a horse from the Whiterun stables for one thousand gold. At no point in the game is that 'costly', period. Not to mention that there are factions that give out horses for free (I got mine from the Stormcloaks).

#6 - Enemy archers are too strong

Eh, not really. They hit pretty hard, but they aren't exactly hard to kill and the AI is even worse at stealth attacks than I am.

#7 - Armor and weapons need rebalancing.

Fair enough. The heavy armour perk complaint I don't see a bother with, though - It has little impact on combat, and by the time you reach 70 heavy armour, your character should probably have the body of Atlas anyway.

#8 - End-tier perks are garbage

Again, fair enough. Like I said before, I do like some of the end game stuff, though. (Backwards power attacks, though? I have not used a single backwards power attack since I started playing.)

#9 - Conjuration is too weak and too strong at the same time

My atronachs are pretty well balanced, honestly. Undead are terrible, though, and using the one Daedric staff is a little towards ridiculous.

#10 - Not enough perks

As a huge fan of having very large skill trees, I agree with this point very much.

-- - - -

fourtylashes' theorhetical Skyrim Balance Patch v1.0 changelog

General

Character Stats

*Spells now gain 2% more damage per 10 points of maximum magicka (this means that spell damage is 20% greater for all characters on default)

*You now gain 2% more physical defense per 10 points of maximum health (again, this means 20% more armor), and 5 more maximum encumbrance

*You now gain 1.5% more physical damage with any weapon per 10 points of maximum stamina

I like this, though I feel stamina should give points to something else. (Movement speed, maybe?)

Spells

*All spells have had their costs halved

*Three to five completely new spells have been added to each discpline:

Destruction: Corrode Armor, Drain Magicka, Weakness to Magic, Corrode Weapon

Alteration: Feather, Open Easy Lock, Open Average Lock

Conjuration: Bound Armor, Bound Boots, Bound Gauntles, Bound Helm, Summon Skeleton

Illusion: Silence, Dispel Other, Dispel Self

Restoration: Fortify Health, Fortify Stamina, Fortify Magicka

*There are now "Lesser" "Minor" "Greater" and "Legendary" versions of each spell. Lesser spells are equivalent to existing Skyrim spells after aformentioned mana and damage changes. Minor spells are slightly more magicka-effecient. Greater spells are slightly more magicka effecient and deal slightly more damage. Legendary spells are slightly more effecient and have a pronounced amount of added damage, but either have longer casting times or come at some cost (such as reduced defenses or self-damage while used).

*Those specializing in magic of any kind will be able to acquire and customize a familiar of their choice which will scale and level with the player. This will occur through an obvious early game quest. Those who do not wish a familiar can opt out for 10 permanently increased magicka, stamina and health.

Magicka costs should not be reduced. Rather, magic damage should be increased dramatically, so that the player is able to cast spells like those NPC mages can - A lightning bolt from an NPC mage drops my health by more than half, but my own magic does practically nothing? Seriously?

I struck out your last idea because I do not like that one very much at all. Additionally, there don't need to be different 'ranks' to spells, so long as the spells scale up in power as you level.

Social

*Many merchants can now be turned into fences without the necessary perk, provided they are "corrupt" in nature. Deepening relations with a specific merchant now improves their buy/sell prices over time and gradually causes their wares to improve.

*Marriage is now more complex. All marriage candidates have had some added unvoiced dialogue. All marriage candidates have had at least one quest added. Some marriage candidates no longer open a shop upon marriage, but offer other unique services instead.

*Choosing not to marry provides its own bonuses now, providing you with the ability to interact with some NPCs differently to improve prices, acquire unique weapons, armors and temporary buffs.

I honestly don't feel fences should be required at all. How exactly can merchants tell the difference between an apple and an apple you stole in the dead of night on the other side of the province?

Again, struck out the last idea because I don't really like it.

Perks

*Skill Trees now cap at level 150.

*Each skill tree has aproximately 35 unique perks, diverging into 2 to 4 "paths"

*At the beginning of the game, you are given the option in the form of a minor quest to forever abstain from leveling/improving a single skill tree of your choosing in exchange for three free perk points and 5% faster leveling speed for all other stats.

*Every tree now has at least 1 perk which is effected by your skill in an unrelated perk (ie, an archery perk that you can only take provided you have invested 5 or more perks in destruction magic).

*Most notably, all "paralysis on power attack", "negated movement speed reduction while wearing heavy armor", "mana cost reduction for X class spell", "dodge", and "damage reflection" perks are either being moved to the bottoms of trees or completely removed and replaced.

Like I've said twice now, I do not mind those abilities. However, they should be modified in such a way that they are actually useful. Who uses backwards power attacks? Ever? Why would they ever do that?

Skills should combine in their own ways, not with perks. Perhaps it would be something like giving arrows/swords/whatever temporary enchantments, that go away after a bit but can be used as long as the caster has magicka? That opens up much variety for mage/warrior hybrids.

It doesn't really make sense to give up a skill. How, exactly? Does your character suddenly develop a violent fear of heavy armour?

Weapons and Armor

*Armor and weapons of enemies are adjusted to new average levels of armor/damage for players

*Heavy armor's effect on movement speed is lessened, however, heavy armor now comes with a downside - most heavy armor is weak to a given magical element (lightning, fire or ice). This stat varies from armor to armor, some armors have no negative modifier (but perhaps offer less physical protection) others may cause you to take as much as 30% more from a specific element's spells, while others may cause you to take 10% more damage from all sources of magic. These negative effects can be tempered through smithing and new accessories like rings/pendants.

*Light Armor now naturally provides a small amount of dodge.

*"Clothing" now naturally provides a very small amount of dodge and increased magic resistance.

*The effects of cleave, bleed or armor-penetrate are naturally inherent to swords, axes and maces respectively. These natural effects can be improved through perks.

I approve of adding bleed and such to weapons by default, and armour would obviously be modified to fit new damage values, but the rest I consider rather unneeded.

- - - -

Okay the above is the preliminary patch notes. I aim to specifically do all that I've listed here. Anything I should add or subtract from this list? What would you like to see specifically? What's bad?

[/epicpost]

Edited by cojaca2

I dont mind

SMITHING

ENCHANTING

ALCHEMY

being overpowered. They are supposed to be.

What I do mind is

THEY SHOULD TAKE A 10-20 TIMES LONGER TO LEVEL.

Regarding Perks amount.

2 Perks per level, instead of 1.

Other important balance tweak:

VENDORS.

The stuff they sell. Rare raw materials, make them cost more money, make them appear less on vendors. Hard to acquire ingredients, make them cost more money. No more just buying everything.

As it stands one can buy all raw materials, fiddle with stuff, make a proffit, repeat the process. There is something inherently stupid about the blacksmith selling you an ore for 5 gold and buying back from you an iron dagger of paralyze you just made with a tiny soul gem you just made for 1000 gold, over and over. "Ok, blacksmith, now you own me everything you have because you could not resist to buying my iron daggers of paralyze" Same deal with potions. I go and make potions with 3-4 positive effects, that sell for over 500 gold each, using materials I cant bother picking up anymore because I can just clean up all the ingredients from vendors.

CHANGE HOW LOOT TABLES SCALE TO CHARACTER LEVEL.

Rare items should be rare. The world does not revolve around me.

No more vendors having more and better stuff than the old dwemer ruins I just explored.

Whats wrong with all the crappy vendors having enchanted ebony/glass/daedra stuff to sell. Not one, but many, every few days! The most powerfull artifacts in the land, everywhere on the hands of every crappy vendor. This is not right.

Also, Its not because Im level 50 that every idiot bandit I found now has rare weapons/equipments/arrows.

The way I see, people should sweat blood to get their first steel plate, and then some more, for their first elven/orcish gear. No way they should see glass or ebony on vendors, ever. The player has to mine the ores themselfs or pay a ridiculous price for each, think 10 times more for each ingot of ebony, for example. Even then it should be rare and the blacksmith should then use the money to buy some khajit slaves and tons of skooma or something noticeable "Look, I got rich, this guy bought my ebony ingot", that sort of things.

Before you think of a major overhaul. What would accounts for the majority of the balancing problems of the game THAT CAN BE FIXED is changing alchemy/blacksmith/enchanting,

Players shouldnt be able to simply max these in a sit by spending just 10K gold in easily available raw materials. It should take 100-200K investment. Its life long investment. Players willing to play the rebalanced version shouldnt just be able to powerlevel these three crafting skills.Neither the solution is to nerf or remove them or abstain oneself from using it. The solution is simple, make it so the REWARD they provide is matched by the TIME AND EFFORT that will be required to earn that power.

Its too easy, buy iron from multiple vendors, make daggers, enchant them, resell them, clean all vendors whipped clean of their money, wait for refresh, buy every mat again, repeat, max blacksmith, get rich, craft dragon armor.... where is the time and effort, where is the journey, the sweat and tears? There is none. What I expect from a rebalance mod is to make it so I have to work hard for my s***.

Right now, making money using crafting is too easy, buying everything from vendors too, getting rare stuff from vendors as well. No playing involved. its just a circle of vendors, crafting, resell. Max all skills, get rich, make the most powerfull s***. This cycle has to be prevented by making it so availability of mats, prices of mats hinder the progression of powerleveling a skill.

Instead of gathering a lot of money and mats to raise everything in a sit. It will be required of the player to repeat the process through the game 20 times. Each time this process is made will require a lot of playing to get the money, a lot of traveling to get the mats, a lot mining/hunting and a lot of natural time progressing in the game. So, IF the player accept the challenge, it will actually be reasonable, earned, feeling like a true journey to the mastery of a crafting ability.

I would make it so leather/iron costs 10 times more to buy from vendors. Giving more an stimuli to hunt/mine, since the price to sell the mat will be 10 times higher. And give just 5% of the xp they currently give when crafting an item. In the end, even if the player buy the stuff from vendors, it will take time and if he does, we make sure it costs even more money, and to get that money will cost more time. The total time and effort investment to reach the power to craft the best stuff will then be balanced.

Every other ore would have to cost more than 10 times the current value and BE LESS AVAILABLE, so even if one has the money, they still cant buy enough materials to level up fast enough. People shouldnt be able to level more than 4-5 points in a sit, and thats after economizing a lot of money just for that, and doing many travels to many vendors and many restock times, a lot of hunting, mining just so they could sit and forge a few more items. In the end, the process will feel natural, because it cannot be done in a sit.

FOR CHRIST SAKE, FIX THE AI.

Make it so they can JUMP UP to reach the player, or JUMP down to attack the player. Or hide/run away if they cant. DO SOMETHING REASONABLE WITH THE AI.

The biggest balance problem in the game, is the enemy AI.

I dont think it can be balanced. Right now I can easilly defeat any enemy in the game within 5-10 seconds of getting aware of my surroundings. I can simply abuse the AI pathfinding to me, heals, hit and runs, sneak attacks, height, cover, etc.

No idea how to balance that. Maybe hitting my head against a wall many times.

Regardless of smithing, alchemy, enchanting, difficulty level, my level, 1 or 2 perks per level or my equipment.

Even If I could only throw rocks on enemies with a level 1 character I could probably beat this game. Thats a compliment to Bethesda AI experts. A few minutes ago I managed to beat 2 giants and 2 mamoths at the same time by just running and jumping around some stupid rocks, on master level, this completely ruins the game experience for me. The AI is brain dead. I dont even need to use vertical character progression and subsystems to gain an advantage. Basic soccer mom strategies of comedy movies are enough.

Edited by ogridum

Hey there, I was browsing a bit about skyrim and peoples opinions and stumbled across this post. Decided to make an account here so I could just share my thoughts/experiences with you.

First of all I think you made quite a nice list there and I agree with most of the things you said, they would definitely improve game-play a lot.

I just have some criticism on the following things:

#1 - You are required to level every skill in Skyrim to reach max level

It's possible to complete the game (the entire main quest line) in 3 hours, people did it. People who played the game and know how to/where to go. In skyrim leveling your character is not something you have to do, but more rather something that unlocks a broader route/play style, and since you can't pick every perk the majority of players will specialize in a 3-4 tree's for example: 2-handed, heavy armor, blacksmithing, enchanting. Once you have all those 4 on skill level 100 you'll be between level 30-40 and have enough perks to unlock everything you need from those trees.

#3 - Pure magic-based builds suck

From my experience with the game (I've played for 130 hours so far according to steam) magic is strong in early game but once you actually get to higher levels its s*** (i'm level 71 myself now) I've tried maxing out destruction magic and taking all the perks, taking the best robes with -100% destruction cost basically going : Wall of fire left hand, wall of frost right hand, and then switching to dual Ice Spear or the Master fire spell I've tried spamming spells on guards and people in whiterun, in dungeons, and on dragons. And all I can say is that it takes a solid 60 seconds to kill a single mob when dual casting the strongest spells in the game. Compared to my normal play style (read bottom of post) this is like playing the game nude, no armor, no weapons and just fisting your way through. BTW I play the game on Master difficulty.

#6 - Enemy archers are too strong

Before I got my heavy armor to 100 and my full dragon plate gear the well placed arrows of enemy archers did take about 20-30% of my health, but so did enemy power attacks, or did you ever get hit by the Draugr deathlords shout?

However if you aren't completely unaware of your surroundings its rather easy to spot an archer and dodge an arrow by simply tapping A or D for a split second. Archery is strong because unlike Magick and Melee its very very easy to avoid.

#8 - End-tier perks are garbage

Some of the End-Tier perks are indeed not what they should be, like you mentioned the 1 and 2h perk: 25% paralyze on back power attack? Iike I said before, I've played the game for more then 100 hours and I don't even have a god damn clue what a 'Backwards power attack' is, let alone using one, let alone paralyzing someone with it. Archery has 15% chance to paralyze someone on a normal hit, I got my daedric bow enchanted with 6% chance for 5sec paralyze. Sometimes it seems like I'm paralyzing enemys with half the arrows I shoot and I'm not even thinking about doing so.

#9 - Conjuration is too weak and too strong at the same time

Conjuration weak? If you're not dedicating yourself to conjuration 100% then ofcourse its not as strong VS someone who does. You get limited time on your summons, but yet you can summon them an infinite amount of time and the summon daedra spell pretty much rapes every opponent you can face in the game, and i'm not even mentioning how they always manage to catch a dragons attention allowing you to Cast/Arch/Melee em to death while being unharmed.

I've leveled conjuration from level 10 to 100 in about 2-3 hours summoning Flame Atronachs and spamming summon soulbound sword while under attack of quest NPC's that can't die to keep the combat mode engaged.

Now I got Flame Thrall, Frost Thrall, Storm Thrall and Undead thrall, and getting all this took a mere travel to the mages guild and a short quest that made me summon a single Daedra lord.

The flame thrall is my favorite one since they dish out the most dmg, they have the smallest model so when in dungeons you can actually go through a door/small passageway without having to kill your followers because they block the way, also they don't make the insane amount of noise the storm thralls make.

Now on to the Undead thrall, this one is certainly (as it is now) underpowered, they only work well if you get to use it on a strong mage or one of those Draugr deathlords. However there should be a future patch allowing you to communicate with the undead thrall as if it where a (hired) follower, allowing you to exchange armor/weapons making them actually decent. For now if you have the PC version of the game you can give/make them eguip items with a console command.

My own skyrim character: I've named this play style Shadow Templar (why shadow? because she's a stealthy/sneaky assasin. Why templar? Because she's heavily armored and capable of using some magic)

Skills on level 100: Smithing, Heavy armor, Blocking, Light armor, One-handed, Archery, Conjuration, Lockpicking, Sneaking, Pickocketing, Enchanting, Alchemy.

Other skills: Don't use them, asides from Alteration in which I just have the 30% magic resistance perk (if that's really what it is. The active effect displays: +30 magic resistance)

My characters level is 71, and my perks are set in Heavy armor, Block, One handed, Archery, Sneak, Enchanting.

Apparel

As armor I'm using a full Dragon Plate set including shield. Why dragon plate, isn't daedric better?

1) I like the looks of Dragonplate a lot more then I do of Daedra

2) Dragon is a lot easier to obtain + the feeling of finally killing that one dragon you've been searching for, to obtain its bones & scales to then rush to the forge to make your armor is just great :D.

3) The game doesn't tell you this, and I only just found this out a couple days back but: the armor cap in Skyrim is 80%, to calculate this you need to take your armor value and add +40 armor for a chest item, and 20 armor for gloves, boots, helmet (you only get this invisible amount of added armor with light/heavy, not regular clothing.) then multiply this by 0,12 and you will see that in full light/heavy you would need 567 to reach the cap.

My own example : I got 568 armor rating, I'm using dragonplate chest, dragonplate boots, dragonplate gloves, and I'm using a Wedding wreath woven of white roses (the one you can loot after assasinating a queen/princess) and I got my dragonplate shield. This means I need to add up 568 + 40 + 20 + 20 = 648 x 0,12 = 78 % resistance to physical damage. I'm not going to *censored* about 2% damage reduction hence im wearing a Wedding Wreath untill we get a Hide Helmet mod because it looks awesome and im only missing 2 enchants.

Basically if I were to wear my dragonplate helmet I would instantly get the bonus added armor from all my Heavy armor perks resulting in : 1180 armor rating (The dragonplate chest alone has 444, done with +28% blacksmithing enchant on Chest, Gloves, Ring, Amulet + 50% increased blacksmithing from Blacksmith's Elixir) This means that if I did choose to go this way I could drop all my heavy armor % perks, get the armor cap of 80% and have 7 perk points free to spend elsewhere.

Now on to my magic resistance from gear: 22% on shield 22% on ring, 22% on amulet, 30% from the Alteration perk and 25% from the guardian stone (forgot the name) This means 22+22+22+30+25 = 121% magic resistance. Now I'm not quite sure, but since taking a full duration elder dragon frost breath with shield in front of my takes away about 5% of my health (health is 500) I'd say, as many others have speculated that the magic resistance cap also lays around 80%.

Magic resistance is multiplicative with elemental resistances, not duplicative. Meaning that 50% magic resistance and 50% frost resistance vs a frost dragon would be like this: Dragon does frost breath and deals 300 damage, your frost resistance goes first and since its 50% it halves it making it 150, then after that your magic resistance gets applied making it 75.

Also magic resistance covers the following: damage from Frost, Fire, Lightning source, including dragon breaths. Not including oil fires. Also reduces the dmg/drains done by enemys drain health/magicka/stamina.

Weaponry

As weapons im using : Chillbane/Gauldur's as main hand + shield depending on the situation, although my character is so strong that even on Master difficulty it doesnt matter anymore. And when dual weilding im using Chillbane + Gauldur's Blackblade.

Chillbane: 370 damage, 30 frost & stamina damage, chance to paralyze for 2 seconds

Gauldur's Blackblade: 350 damage, 25 health drain.

As my ranged weapon I'm using a Daedric bow with 410 damage and 22health drain + 6 second paralyze enchant.

Basically my playstyle is this: sneak everywhere you go, taking out every enemy even the strongest non boss ones with only 1 sneak arrow shot. If few manage to survive just pull out shield + sword and rush in there finishing the rest of with a mere shield charge + shield bash. This combination with a couple of sneak perks and 3 sneak enchants on my gear allows me to stand in front of an enemy in heavy armor without them noticing. And taking only 20% damage from all sources, which with 1 bow shot, or one swing from the Gauldur black blade is instantly restored/drained to your own health bar.

Asides from the shitloads of fun I have killing everything while being undetected, sometimes I do boss fights naked because it's just sad to see one of the mighty dragon priests dying to 1 x3 sneak + critical bow hit.

If anyone wants any tips or tricks, or has further question just send me a pm and ill try to respond asap (playing skyrim 24/7 since im homebound atm, and alt-tab crashes the game Q_Q)

Also, I've heared it's possible to play skyrim with another player, questing and exploring together. Does anyone know more about this?

-Ravec

-Picture: My character in full dragon plate (helmet is the Rosary Wreath without stats or enchants) about jab a sword in the dragons head, finishing him off.

EDIT: Like the above said: Enchanting + Alchemy + Smithing is overpowered. Not just regulary overpowered as the skills they are and the perks they have, they are perfectly fine.

The overpowered part comes from the ability to create enchantments that allow Alchemy potions to be 10-20-30-40-50-60% stronger, which in turn allows alchemists to make potions that increase the strength of enchants by 10-15-20-25-30% which then allows you to create even stronger enchants for Alchemy and even Blacksmithing, resulting in the f***ing stupidity: my own gear.

I mean, a Dragonplate chest has a base armor value of 39, my Dragonplate chest has an armor value of 444. Lolwtf?

Daedric Bow: 14 damage, my bow: 410 damage? Thats a damage modifier of 3000%.

Edited by RavingRavec

Wow dat sounds Awesome!

I didnt read more than the first page, so i dont know what the others have written but i just wanted to reply to this ASAP because it sounds so awesome!

Well the +% Dmg perks are seriously retarded.

You could just remove them or going an RPG way, like Trainers, that teach you this Passive Perks in specific Quests, only made for this kind of skill.

For example Archery:

You could let the player go to a specific archery trainer to accept a skill quest. These Skill quests are only avaible at specific lvls in the skill, like 10/20/30... or something like that.

For Archery the first (easy) quest could be something like you have to shot X puppets in X seconds to get it.

The next one is harder and so on.

Enemy archers are REALLY strong. They seriously should get tweaked down a bit.

But the same goes to the NPC mages, they are RIDICOULUS. They can kill you with 1 Shot if you arent carefull enough.

The Thief thingy sounds gerat and there is much space for Improvments in this idea.

For example more entraces to homes, to better sneak into them. The option to drop stolen items in other houses to get the attention to someone other than you, so you can actually hide your thief identity.... and much more like that. That idea is great and can be improved to a really great gameplay change/rebalance.

A good thing to add, could be more craftable things.

Like Arrows, Staffs, Spell Scrolls, ....

This mod idea just sounds epic and ill keep an eye on it. Make it happen!

Edit:

Just read ogridum's post and i have to agree at 100% of the things said.

Had to say that, cause these things are REALLY annoying.

Edited by LunaWolve

I kind of agree with OPs points, however I'm not a expert in any way. I do think conjuring needs a boost in some way and that you drain magicka to fast, imo you should have bigger magicka pool/less consumption while casting the spells and lower base regen rate.

Haven't tried archery a lot so cant comment on that, however stealthy melee are just broken. 30x crit modifiers? I havent even been trying to improve my gear properly im playing expert at level ~25 in random gear i pick up on the way. And I kill EVERYTHING I backstab with 1 hit. Even if I would just use one dagger i would most likely kill my enemy in a hit, imagine dual wielding power attack backstab.

An example of the ridiculous damage I do with ONE dagger during power attack (Perks during this: 3 one handed and assassins blade, also got the gloves that makes sneak attack 2x damage), this is during expert difficulty and I'm level 20, the dagger is a ebony dagger (21 damage).

Now imagine some proper equipment and such, damage would go through the roof. I bet you would do enough damage to kill 2 dragons in a double-power-sneak attack.

First of all, sneaking is meant to one shot, if you go into a dungeon and you actually worked hard enough to get 80+ sneak, the perks, and maybe even a sneak enchantment, wouldnt it be nice to run into a room that has 5 Draugr deathlords(yes I've had this happen, on master atleast) and sneak up to one of them to one shot it?

1) You wont be able to to that again with that dagger of yours, maybe if you Sprint, improved crouch, and forward roll + invisibility pot. And gl doing that 5x per dungeon room.

2) And unless you are using a mod that increases your speed by 1000% and allows you to fly, I hardly see anyone getting a Backstab sneak crit/hit on a dragon, you're just talking out of your ass now.

3) Sneak attacks are done with one weapon. One dagger, one sword, one bow, dual wielding isn't going to change this, only %/x.multiply/flat damage modifiers to the main hand weapon you are using will increase the attacks power.

With proper escape planning and taking out the right targets on the right places I've been able to clear out the whole city of Solitude with simple sneak + bow and sneak+sword attacks, without getting caught. This is just a really fun/evil thing to do and really lets you fully take advantage of having chosen those perks.

You won't be able to do this in dungeons unless you're playing on the easiest difficulty or are wasting a shitload of invis pots and have knowledge of the NPC's AI / sneak detection rate.