Primary Needs?

nluogameno

I was surprised there was no Hardcore mode in Skyrim. But at least the hard parts (the cooking system) is in the game, just need to finish the job.

Though personally I'm less concerned about drinking because in a snow area, dehydration doesn't seem as much of an issue as in the Mojave Desert. But hypothermia does (hypothermia instead of radiation, alcohol to remove negative effects of cold?).

I was surprised there was no Hardcore mode in Skyrim. But at least the hard parts (the cooking system) is in the game, just need to finish the job.

Though personally I'm less concerned about drinking because in a snow area, dehydration doesn't seem as much of an issue as in the Mojave Desert. But hypothermia does (hypothermia instead of radiation, alcohol to remove negative effects of cold?).

Yeah I didn't think of hypothermia, that would be pretty cool. I did notice how little insulation a lot of the clothing and armor provides. For sake of immersion I would like to see perhaps clothing that can be worn under or over armor, like shirts, cloaks, capes, and jackets. The hypothermia = radiation idea would be pretty cool, and to add to lore perhaps nords could be more resistant.

I like this idea a lot. I don't want to count calories, but some easy immersion in this area would be good.

HOWEVER I think this needs to come along with a much better state effects notification, or it will just be a pain in the butt. Having to look in TabStar -> magic -> active effects to find out I'm hungry or cold would just suck.

I like this idea a lot. I don't want to count calories, but some easy immersion in this area would be good.

HOWEVER I think this needs to come along with a much better state effects notification, or it will just be a pain in the butt. Having to look in TabStar -> magic -> active effects to find out I'm hungry or cold would just suck.

Perhaps sounds, like stomach gurgles, and visual effects, like tunnel vision could be used to alert the player that their character is experiencing hunger and thirst.

I think Hypotermia just isn't a variable viable effect. UNLESS the function for having a "Warmth" count is possible. Being in water or cold areas reduces warmth which brings on effects like shivering, numbness, frostbite etc etc.

It is pretty out of scope of the original idea. I would do a primary needs for food mod. Have a seperate project and mod for hypotherma. Start small and work your way foward.

I think Hypotermia just isn't a variable viable effect. UNLESS the function for having a "Warmth" count is possible. Being in water or cold areas reduces warmth which brings on effects like shivering, numbness, frostbite etc etc.

It is pretty out of scope of the original idea. I would do a primary needs for food mod. Have a seperate project and mod for hypotherma. Start small and work your way foward.

Agreed.