Necromancy usefulness

Sindrie

Necromancy Good or Bad  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think necromancy is balenced/usefull in skyrim

• It's good and on par with atronachs. (good)
    • it pales in comparison to atronachs. (not good)

I'm going to be honest i think necromancy is absolute garbage, which is sad because it's my favorite play-style. Is there a good necro spell im missing because they all suck in my opinion.

The main flaws of the system now are,

1. You need a body which sucks butt-hole when your walking to a place and a dragon drops on you.

2. You can only raise a body once, bad because traps one hit, them then usless. and you can be mid fight then you have no back up because there dead and no body is left over.

3. from what I see zombies have the same stats from when they were alive wich is bad, for example when i was in the Bleak Falls Barrow I had to fight the semi boss huge spider well all was around was a skeleton because all bodies are ash so I raise it (and for people who haven't fought one there awful they must have like 25-30 hit points) and charge in there and try to fight it and it litteraly one hits him, useless and now the body is ash.

4. only certain things can be raised I under stand not a dragon but there's many creatures that cannot.

5.Only allowed one at a time (with out perk) wich is kinda crappy for how weak they are.

6 Easily the most frustrating is when used on weapon using creatures or npc's they frequently won't pick up there weapons and will go hand and hand with a draugr Overlord (or how ever it's spelled) and get one hit.

I quess the real crappy part is how unbalenced it is compaired to the atronach branch of conjuration. where you can call them when ever you want how many you want and there very strong and they give off a aura of elemantal dmg. and they have a lot of hp and are immune to there element I belive. any one else agree or dis agree.

P.S. I wrote this in a hurry to play skyrim lol so there is probably a lot of typo.

Edited by Sindrie

Also I forgot to mention how your "Zombies" will use there normal living quotes like "well isnt this a suprise" if hes a bandit, this realy bothers me, i'm like no your a zombie shut don't use english.

my zombie pet never speaks plainly beyond maybe "must.....kill."

and necromancer pets do not become permanant, nor do artorachs. The artarochs are a much better choice, however for all the reasons listed above. Bodies are not always readily available, and when your zombie dies, he's dead for good. Must less frustrating to pop up an artaroch whenever i feel like it.

my zombie pet never speaks plainly beyond maybe "must.....kill."

and necromancer pets do not become permanant, nor do artorachs. The artarochs are a much better choice, however for all the reasons listed above. Bodies are not always readily available, and when your zombie dies, he's dead for good. Must less frustrating to pop up an artaroch whenever i feel like it.

We mean permanent as in there is not time limit and the game accually says "permanently summon a flame atroach"

So I think we were right any way ya mine always says things which is weird.

Edited by Sindrie

What I'd suggest is (once the Creation Kit is out), is to include other effects in the zombie spells, besides the zombie raising effect of course. Something like resist damage 75% and increase hand to hand damage by 50% on target would quite work.

What I'd suggest is (once the Creation Kit is out), is to include other effects in the zombie spells, besides the zombie raising effect of course. Something like resist damage 75% and increase hand to hand damage by 50% on target would quite work.

Ya and i'll atempt to make summon draugr and whispmother spells I wish beth would stop dragging there feet and get the kit out, tod howard said I want to have it out on realase date, well that didn't happen lol