Multiple NPC Lag

Lius

NPC lag? Basically its a problem where you get lag when your around multiple npcs. Actually when your looking at them, if you dont its like crystal clear 60FPS but when you look at them its lag horror. I dont know what it is, people say its a bug within the NPC facial animations; while others say it has something to do with sound from the NPCs. Apparently this problem has been around since the beginning of FNV? There is already a thread about it here http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1123569-fps-drop-when-near-npcs-thread-3/ and it features varies fixes to remedy this problem; only thing, none of the fixes seem to help me. Many people have solved it by placing a modified d3d9.dll file within the FNV directory; but for me it didnt do anything. So im wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and have came across a solution of some sort?

PS- Ive already tried toggleemotions through the console, the d3d9.dll fix, and i sure as hell dont want to have facegen set to 0 as that means playing the game with no heads.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My PC specs,

ATI Raedon 6970

X6 Phenom Black 1090t OCed to 4GHz

8GB of RAM

Currently 500GB of free hard-drive space

Windows 7 x64

My rig may not be the best of the best but this rig is more than enough to run FNV as i run constant 60FPS with NMC+OJO texture packs unless there are NPCs. Did extensive research on this issue and it seems like most people had it resolved by applying the .dll file to their game; as stated above, i had no luck and no matter what .dll file i use it didnt make a difference.

Getting frustrated about the stupid NPCs! Problem has to do with their facegen files (so ive heard) but no fix ever presented seems to work with my game :c