Skyrim "Assaults..."

RazielSilver

I noticed that people kept treating me like a criminal and when I looked at my crimes it said that I had XX number of assaults. I haven't "assaulted" anyone on this play through. I wanted to play the all around good guy, but for some reason my assault number keeps rising.

If I successfully get a sneak attack, EVEN on a human faction that I can never join, do I still get pinned with assaults? I like the mage/rogue route that allows me to be as stealthy as possible, but still able to hold my own in battle with magic and swords.

Is this a bug or is it that you get the crime hit for a successful sneak attack on ANY human NPC? :confused:

The problem is that I can hit my followers all I want and I don't get assaults listed. I specifically tested it out and it is on bandits and other enemies that will attack no matter what if they see you. I wouldn't mind so much, but non-aggressive NPCs have been reacting negatively to my "Heroine" since. They're talking a ton of crap to me even though I'm constantly doing good deeds. I'm getting ready to start a new character and test it out some more, but I hope a mod fix for this comes along if there is no way for the non-aggressive NPCs to treat my "Heroine" accordingly and still sneak attack enemies.

Tested it some more and it is when the NPC won't attack right away and just threatens you to stay back. I have started a new game and don't have any other crimes and will see if non-aggressive NPCs react negatively to me after awhile.

I've had the same insufferable problem from rats, to bandits, the giant outside Whiterun whose attacking everyone, its really REALLY annoying because you basically have to check each time you kill something. I really really hope that this is one of the first things patched because its a pain to have to go back and redo an entire segment because I killed a bandit, even for someone who saves often.

I think, unfortunatly, the only solution at present is to make sure you have a companion to do all of the killing for you. Unless someone knows a console command to remove assaults.

Edited by ElizabethLestrad

You get assaults from killing non aggressive wildlife. (goats, foxes ect.) Totally ruined my save, as I was playing as a good guy. :dry:

Thank you. I thought I had it figured out, but still couldn't tell. I'm sure this will be modded out when the CK comes out. Hopefully.

• 11 years later...

Yeah right, dream on. When does Bethesda fix their games anyway? It doesn't look like there are any mods that fix it either. You might try NARC, No Animals Report Crimes, but it doesn't fix assaults on the them generally. Skyrim Reputation has some features that might help. I really wish there was a fix for the good guy living off the land. :/