Is it Possible? (Increased Followers Mod)

Xathos

It's been done with every other Bethsda game to an extent, so I'm sure it will be possible (if not easy) once the CS is released.

Only issue I foresee is that your followers will block doorways and thin passages very often.

Luckily you can charge/run through them. It bumps them to the side and they usually complain but it works! However, I don't know how well it'd work with a huge group. I still think 2-3 companions (for certain quests) would be ok.

It's been done with every other Bethsda game to an extent, so I'm sure it will be possible (if not easy) once the CS is released.

Only issue I foresee is that your followers will block doorways and thin passages very often.

Farkas does it all the time. If you move into/sprint into them they'll back up and complain about being pushed around xD

Note, this might turn the game too easy though, with more allies on your side. Might need to make enemies stronger with more Health.

I'm looking to make it into being a party of 2-4. I started off playing on Expert. The tried the lower difficulties, and it's too easy. I mainly want to use this to cover all the base role types in my party. Be more fun in playing the game and dragon hunting. As long as you keep it low in count, it'll be manageable in room.

It's also a crying shame to have a choice of 24 companions and 2 dogs, but you can only have one of each at a time. You tell me what's wrong with that?

Im a modder and this is something Im capable of making. However, what Im going to try to do (ill post success results) is use that console command listed using the "SetGS" setting, or just "Set". It might work, it might not, and some people already have rudimentary modding tools. Id suggest someone with experiance/willing to try to work on it...I know that people have rigged up sets to change scripts. (which Im not gonna bother with, I barely scraped by with the official editor as it is xD)...will post success right after I try it. Then again, consider this, companions being hired might be based in dialogue and NOT have a master integer/variable controlling them. (IE, hiring people, it does something like "checkplayerhasfollower, if true, negative answer/dont join).

Odds are though, friend, you'll have to wait for TES. 2 Weeks after Fallout 3 for the tools, Id expect this would be within the timeframe of that (they were supposed to be ready on launch, I would say they'd be released/next week).

PS. Did I say TES? I meant creation kit

Thanks for trying. The mod was used as reference. I wasn't hoping for a direct conversion. Maybe somebody with more experience can take a whack at this.

Note, this might turn the game too easy though, with more allies on your side. Might need to make enemies stronger with more Health.

I'm looking to make it into being a party of 2-4. I started off playing on Expert. The tried the lower difficulties, and it's too easy. I mainly want to use this to cover all the base role types in my party. Be more fun in playing the game and dragon hunting. As long as you keep it low in count, it'll be manageable in room.

It's also a crying shame to have a choice of 24 companions and 2 dogs, but you can only have one of each at a time. You tell me what's wrong with that?

Im a modder and this is something Im capable of making. However, what Im going to try to do (ill post success results) is use that console command listed using the "SetGS" setting, or just "Set". It might work, it might not, and some people already have rudimentary modding tools. Id suggest someone with experiance/willing to try to work on it...I know that people have rigged up sets to change scripts. (which Im not gonna bother with, I barely scraped by with the official editor as it is xD)...will post success right after I try it. Then again, consider this, companions being hired might be based in dialogue and NOT have a master integer/variable controlling them. (IE, hiring people, it does something like "checkplayerhasfollower, if true, negative answer/dont join).

Odds are though, friend, you'll have to wait for TES. 2 Weeks after Fallout 3 for the tools, Id expect this would be within the timeframe of that (they were supposed to be ready on launch, I would say they'd be released/next week).

PS. Did I say TES? I meant creation kit

Thanks for trying. The mod was used as reference. I wasn't hoping for a direct conversion. Maybe somebody with more experience can take a whack at this.

I hope so too. There have been a few script modifications done already, such as the KillCam. So it -is- possible for someone to do without the TES. Someone just has to step up and do it.

I'll have a go at doing this for you guys and I'll make a "shove" option to push your companions out of doorways (or possibly make them have no collision).

Wait, you mean without the toolset? That would be amazing, my friend. Simply amazing!

Yes, you don't need a toolset if you already know the vtables ;)

I'll have a go at doing this for you guys and I'll make a "shove" option to push your companions out of doorways (or possibly make them have no collision).

Wait, you mean without the toolset? That would be amazing, my friend. Simply amazing!

Yes, you don't need a toolset if you already know the vtables ;)

Ah, if only memory served me so well. ANy progress?

Thanks, but you don't have to go crazy with the "shove" option. Just having the ability to hire more than one companion is enough. The "shove" can come later.

Edited by Xathos