Data Files is greyed out (yes, another topic about this)

Wyruz

I need the data files available to use some of the mods here, like this one.

So how am I supposed to fix this now? ._.

Do you have a new esm or esp file in your data folder? Why don't you just list all esp and esm files in your Skyrim data folder, then it'll be easier to start troubleshooting the issue.

I need the data files available to use some of the mods here, like this one.

So how am I supposed to fix this now? ._.

Do you have a new esm or esp file in your data folder? Why don't you just list all esp and esm files in your Skyrim data folder, then it'll be easier to start troubleshooting the issue.

Yeah, I have downloaded some interesting ones from here, and they work perfectly as I don't need to allow them or whatever in the data files :C

Is there a specific one that I shouldn't be using or what? D:

Yeah, I have downloaded some interesting ones from here, and they work perfectly as I don't need to allow them or whatever in the data files :C

Is there a specific one that I shouldn't be using or what? D:

Well, just be sure you're sorting all esp and esm files using BOSS, because load-order is important.

If you experience trouble, list all the files BOSS is sorting along with the mods you installed, and we'll be able to help you more.

Ok, this is a bit too complicated for me, lol.

I have installed BOSS, booted it up and got some kind of HTML list in my browser, what should I do next? ;__;

BOSS auto-sorted your list. That's a good thing. Usually, you don't have to do anything further since it's sorted automatically.

Sometimes, BOSS will come up with a warning if there's a known mod-conflict or other problem in your mod list. In this case, you need to pay attention to the warning and take care of the issue.

It's pretty unlikely there will be mod conflict this early in the modding lifecycle of the game, so you're probably fine just having sorted your active mod list.

I should also note that BOSS will sometimes tell you to re-order unrecognized files by hand. These are mods that are not yet listed in the master mod sorting list (which BOSS should update to the latest version when you run it). I wouldn't worry too much about this yet, but, at some point, it will be beneficial to use a program like Nexus Mod Manager or whatever Wrye Bash for Skyrim is going to be called to sort the unsorted files in your load-order by hand.

Edited by xaliqen

Ok, this is a bit too complicated for me, lol.

I have installed BOSS, booted it up and got some kind of HTML list in my browser, what should I do next? ;__;

BOSS auto-sorted your list. That's a good thing. Usually, you don't have to do anything further since it's sorted automatically.

Sometimes, BOSS will come up with a warning if there's a known mod-conflict or other problem in your mod list. In this case, you need to pay attention to the warning and take care of the issue.

It's pretty unlikely there will be mod conflict this early in the modding lifecycle of the game, so you're probably fine just having sorted your active mod list.

I should also note that BOSS will sometimes tell you to re-order unrecognized files by hand. These are mods that are not yet listed in the master mod sorting list (which BOSS should update to the latest version when you run it). I wouldn't worry too much about this yet, but, at some point, it will be beneficial to use a program like Nexus Mod Manager or whatever Wrye Bash for Skyrim is going to be called to sort the unsorted files in your load-order by hand.

Thanks! :D

However, how will this fix my data files problem? :O