Arrows max range sucks

domanz

Hi guys,

have experienced that and read on several forums of the same problems, and there's even a video on youtube confirming it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ifc4n1tYfY

Arrows (and spells for that matter) have a limited range because the entities are not interactable when they are a certain distance away. This distance seems to be a little bit greater for human beings.

Just wanted to let you know and ask for even more confirmation. I also contacted bethesda so they fix it, for the sake of all hunter and spellcasters.

I would very much appreciate anyone who might even get rid of that by means of a mod or something. It is very annoying IMO.

Well if you're noticing that problem, then I'm sure you've noticed the issues with trying to shoot an arrow while overlooking a cliff, bridge, etc. It almost ALWAYS hits some kind of invisible wall (messing up the whole point of sniping from an elevated position.) This feels like a bigger issue then max range (which I agree sucks) because enemies always seem to be able to shoot from higher positions with no problems.

I'm not saying it happens from every elevated position, but it sure happens a lot, namely in dungeons when I'm trying to shoot someone below me. I need to test and see if it's more an issue with trying to shoot from a sneak position (which makes you go lower to the ground) opposed to standing (which I'm sure has far less issues - but negates sneak attack bonuses.) Hell, I even position the character almost over the edge, and the arrow still gets blocked.

I didn't want to make this a separate thread, so maybe we can make this thread and all encompassing archery issue thread?