Magicka Regen In and out of combat = Same

rndiv

Actually... I have 125 + 60 + 25% Magicka regen, but for some strange reason, once I'm in battle its WAY slower than before...

I can be out of combat, shoot a dual flames, and see 10% magicka drain in 5 seconds, and it refills in 2 seconds.

In combat though, I do the same thing, and lose 10% magicka, but it regenerations at like... 10% of my regeneration speed?

If my mp can regen 1 tick per 0.2 seconds out of combat, then it regens 1 tick per second in combat.

Basically 210% magicka regen out of combat gets reduced to like 42% cuz it's divided by 5 or something?

any other console comands that can do a temp fix ?

i know set magicka and magica regen but that usaly ends up with inf mana or nothing :/

as a side note:

maybe a way to change the cost reduction / mana regen on items into damage bonus ???

• 2 weeks later...

any other console comands that can do a temp fix ?

"playerenchantobject 106661 3eb26 e1fec" will give you Black Robes that give magicka regeneration while casting and boost destruction magick damage, with magnitude equal to your enchanting level (100 enchanting -> 100% increased destruction damage). That said, it's a lot of regeneration so you might end up with the infinite magicka problem at 100 enchanting (Lightning Storm doesn't drain my gauge with the 50% cost reduction perk). You can replace the 106661 with any apparel id that doesn't have a default enchantment.

I created a mod that increases magicka regen in combat to 75% of normal regen (as opposed to 33% unmodded) and improves magical combat overall. Destruction spells scale, dual casting becomes a worthwhile perk, and spell costs decrease more as you become more proficient in the associated school of magic. It might be just the sort of thing you're looking for (and if not, I'm happy to hear suggestions for improvement!)

You can check it out here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2275