[LE] Dismissing follower script

I almost completed every part for my follower, except for the dismiss option.

I tried adding the line to DialogueFollower and then just repeat the script - I got error. I tried making my own MyModDialogueFollower quest and recreating every script - no luck...

Can someone guide me how to do it properly? The rest is working fine, it's just the dismiss option.

I just inserted the same script used by the original dismiss follower dialogue:

If !(akspeaker.IsInFaction(DismissedFollowerFaction))
  (pDialogueFollower as DialogueFollowerScript).DismissFollower(0, 0)
EndIf

You will have to add in the properties for DismissedFollowerFaction and pDialogueFollower, where the DismissedFollowerFaction faction value is the "DismissedFollowerFaction" faction and the pDialogueFollower quest value is the current quest where the dismiss dialogue resides. (See the DialogueFollower quest > DialogueFollowerView > DialogueFollowerDismiss dialogues)

I just inserted the same script used by the original dismiss follower dialogue:

EndIf

You will have to add in the properties for DismissedFollowerFaction and pDialogueFollower, where the DismissedFollowerFaction faction value is the "DismissedFollowerFaction" faction and the pDialogueFollower quest value is the current quest where the dismiss dialogue resides. (See the DialogueFollower quest > DialogueFollowerView > DialogueFollowerDismiss dialogues)

Did you do this in DialogueFollower, as a new dialogue option in "We have to part ways." or did you make your own quest for this?

I made my own quest using that same script for it with my own dialogue.

If you are doing it in the DialogueFollower quest, then the pDialogueFollower property should be set to the DialogueFollower quest also.

ok, one last question :)

with your own dialogue quest, did you add "DialogueFollowerScript" (or recreated it) in the Scripts section (last tab in quest)? Or did you simply add

EndIf

to the specific dialogue and nothing more?

I added the script as is without change (aside from the property value changes).

The "DialogueFollowerScript" type is already a compiled object type, and you are casting the quest as that type for the added follower functions, like DismissFollower().

If you are having problems adding in the properties, try putting in a blank space (a space) in the Script Fragment section and compiling it first then add in the properties with its values and the script right after.

Yes, I know, I just thought DialogueFollowerScript is also necessary to work :)
Thanks for the answer, I will try re-doing this

• 1 year later...