Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

Rare things should be rare and not scale to player level.

Vendors shouldnt spawn things out of thin air.

Vendor shouldnt sell items that are too valuable or too powerfull and even if they get persuaded to sell them it should be costly. Maybe requiring a friendship level, stealing it from their chests, doing a quest for them, intimidating or killing them.

But the vendors you sell your loot to should turn a profit, right?

And prices of common items that you sell a lot should go down. Amirite or amirite? :turned: i mean, realistically speaking. :armscrossed:

All npcs in the world should buy and sell goods.

Npcs should loot, hunt, farm, mine, trade. Extract resources from the game world. Then take it to vendors and only then those would be accessible to the players.

Want to talk about realism? Well, start by making NPCs interact with the world like the player.

hah! :pirate:

Edited by VreyAar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is the kind of thing this mod is aiming to achieve, but I believe the current guild/faction system is a bit unrealistic. You can become Arch-mage, the leader of the Companions, ect., and then you have no duties or responsibilities and are most likely never around. Due to the wandering nature of the game I think it would be better to just become a very high ranking member with a more gradual progression up the ranks.

Just played for 2 hours straight with no health regen and no saves except for auto saves when entering dungeons and sleeping.....its a whole new ballgame.After making and buying a good amount of healing potions I set off to find the Greybeards and stumbled upon a huge spider out in the woods on the way.What would have been another hassle in Skyrim's world was now a huge hurdle since I just trekked for 10 real minutes and this thing could easily take me out.I then ran circles around a rock screaming like a little girl for 3 minutes trying to stay away from the horrible creature(I have real life arachnophobia)while Lydia took pot shots at it from a cliff way up above.Survived and awhile later ran into a bandit on a huge tree crossing a valley over a water fall and hell bent on not letting me pass.Took a bit of damage but managed to kill him and staggered on till we stumbled upon one of those green shiny tree creatures wherein me and Lydia ran away as fast as possible to avoid having to start all the way back in Riverwood again.Then we found a man who said a necromancer was desecrating his family tomb and I agreed to help.After all the fighting I ran out of health potions and had to backtrack out of the tomb since after 8 attempts since I realized the necromancer was just too powerful.

Its really fun this way and I feel this alone benefits Skyrim highly.But something seems to have gone wrong and all of a sudden all enemies are way too tough.Its as if the auto scaling jumped up the enemies too high for my character.I am running from fights now left and right and that ruins immersion for me and I had to stop the game.Where before I would one shot wolves and now they need three power attacks each.

And when I said that shouts should not damage anything but dragons,I did not know shouts are used by other npc's and thought that was only dragonborne so your right about the lore thing.

If we can come together and make a system where the game stays in the "sweet spot" then this game is best ever! ;)

Edited by wolfstriker

I disagree with the posters who say it doesn't make sense to add harder enemies as the player levels up. Well, sort of. It doesn't make sense that if you craft lots of armor and practice with a sword, the populace of Skyrim would change.

However, it does make sense that a heroic dragonborn savior would stir things up when he goes around emptying dungeons, helping factions, etc. Different forces would become more bold and active. Your player eventually changes the whole dynamic of the region.

It would be really cool, though, if the higher level spawns were partly dependent on what questlines you've done. If you join the Imperial Legion, Stormcloak soldiers/supporters would want you dead, as would outlaws whose endeavors are hurt by a rise in authority.

Similarly, if you join the Stormcloak, Imperial hunting groups would seek you out, as could mercenaries hired by them.

And if you go crashing dungeons everywhere, trolls and dryads could start going outside more, as you have gotten rid of some of their predators/enemies and they are spreading their territory. Or they just notice the changes in their environment and are stirred into roaming.

Edited by Levgre

I disagree with the posters who say it doesn't make sense to add harder enemies as the player levels up. Well, sort of. It doesn't make sense that if you craft lots of armor and practice with a sword, the populace of Skyrim would change.

However, it does make sense that a heroic dragonborn savior would stir things up when he goes around emptying dungeons, helping factions, etc. Different forces would become more bold and active. Your player eventually changes the whole dynamic of the region.

It would be really cool, though, if the higher level spawns were partly dependent on what questlines you've done. If you join the Imperial Legion, Stormcloak soldiers/supporters would want you dead, as would outlaws whose endeavors are hurt by a rise in authority.

Similarly, if you join the Stormcloak, Imperial hunting groups would seek you out, as could mercenaries hired by them.

And if you go crashing dungeons everywhere, trolls and dryads could start going outside more, as you have gotten rid of some of their predators/enemies and they are spreading their territory. Or they just notice the changes in their environment and are stirred into roaming.

I like your thinking a lot. But if we're trying to go that route, I take back what I said about it likely being the easier implementation Creating different difficulty evolutions based on the player's actions would be a huge effort. BUT it sounds pretty well worth it. Fantastic ideas there. The only thing I would add: if our reasoning is that the player's actions/reputation lead to the change in enemy difficulty, then also try to localize the system so enemies near where you'd been/done things would advance but enemies in far-flung areas would stay basic. Then every time you came to a new area you'd be able to see the development of that region's game ecology as a direct result of your presence!

Edited for bad Englishings

Edited by Bearget

i've just read the threadstarter's post, not all 16 pages, so maybe this has been mentioned already.....

i'd really like the sneaking in general to be overhauled. you touched on it at the bottom about caves being too bright and trying to make them darker--i'd like for stealth to actually utilize that darkness. i hate how the game thinks that just because i have 100 in Sneak, that means i can walk right in front of somebody's face in a well-lit cave and they can't see me. i'd like to see stealth more on par with Splinter Cell: Conviction, where you have to stick to darker or shadowy areas and moves when people aren't looking at you in order to be successful.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing this mod is aiming to achieve, but I believe the current guild/faction system is a bit unrealistic. You can become Arch-mage, the leader of the Companions, ect., and then you have no duties or responsibilities and are most likely never around. Due to the wandering nature of the game I think it would be better to just become a very high ranking member with a more gradual progression up the ranks.

Agreed. At the very least you should get letters from the faculty demanding you decide how to allocate the fees from the students because the roof is leaking and needs fixing at once, but before that we all need grants to continue our research subjects, although mine is the more important than Faralda's whatever she might tell you, and please can you find a replacement enchanter since the current one is on sabbatical, and one of the students decided to summon Mehrunes Dagon and we've only just finished scraping him off the floor, so can you visit his parents and inform them of his death. Oh, and while you're at it I don't suppose you could drop off at this tomb marked X on your map and wrestle an eldritch daedric artefact from the clutches of a necromancer cult?

And the same with being a thane. Surely taxes should be involved at some point.

I think what would be an awsome thing to add to this mod would be the addition of banks across Skyrim..

Like a little bank where you could put gold in and withdraw it and also maybe a place where you could store items with the keeper...

and you could earn intrest every week...