ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any general ETA on a release?

That said, I'll be rolling out updates on a regular basis, starting with a very elementary 0.1 alpha version which will probably contain only basic combat, survival and environment adjustments. This should be out within a week or so. I'll do it like that so I can get valuable player feedback and adjust stuff based on that in later versions.

The total project is estimated to take about a year, I think.

Thanks for your answer.

I have a simple idea to add a little more realism: you can't change any armor piece or clothes in the middle of the battle.

I concur that this is a good idea. Would it be possible to remove the "time freezing" when entering inventory / fav menu? That way drinking, re-clothing/armoring/arming etc in battle wouldnt be so easy.

Thanks for your answer.

I have a simple idea to add a little more realism: you can't change any armor piece or clothes in the middle of the battle.

I concur that this is a good idea. Would it be possible to remove the "time freezing" when entering inventory / fav menu? That way drinking, re-clothing/armoring/arming etc in battle wouldnt be so easy.

Nah, because the menu is like your brain, you think of things really quickly, but because the game is not hooked up to your brain, you have to pause and tell it.

Instead, it should slow you down when drinking a potion or putting on armour. or have some kind of in-world penalty when doing those things in battle.

Thanks for your answer.

Nah, because the menu is like your brain, you think of things really quickly, but because the game is not hooked up to your brain, you have to pause and tell it.

Instead, it should slow you down when drinking a potion or putting on armour. or have some kind of in-world penalty when doing those things in battle.

First, I think of "i need to drink a potion" then I pause the game... Going to inventory and selecting stuff would simulate that you for example reaching for a potion in your pocket/sack/wherever our character stores all his/her stuff.

Idea for a shield spell (both physical and magical):

Make it so it requires more timing from the player by making it very strong (maybe even 100% damage reduction) but work only for a second. This way a shield spell stops being this moderately useful generic-defensive-buff spell and becomes a powerful tool in hands of a skilled caster but is otherwise useless if used at the wrong moment.

Idea for a shield spell (both physical and magical):

Make it so it requires more timing from the player by making it very strong (maybe even 100% damage reduction) but work only for a second. This way a shield spell stops being this moderately useful generic-defensive-buff spell and becomes a powerful tool in hands of a skilled caster but is otherwise useless if used at the wrong moment.

Interesting, but not as useful against dragon shouts. However, I like it as a sort of a physical shield spell, to be used against melee attacks.