Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what AI improvements are for. In TRO, the AI will block far more often (actually parry blows), dodge, strafe etc. You can't see dodging in the video because it isn't in yet, but blocking is - unfortunately due to script lag it isn't very obvious when it happens, but it works, otherwise you'd be cutting down NPC's left and right.

That's what AI improvements are for. In TRO, the AI will block far more often (actually parry blows), dodge, strafe etc. You can't see dodging in the video because it isn't in yet, but blocking is - unfortunately due to script lag it isn't very obvious when it happens, but it works, otherwise you'd be cutting down NPC's left and right.

Will the player be able to dodge and strafe as well? Assuming this is a new movement and not them just running to the side real quick.

Dodge, not without plugging in a script extender. So not planned right now, once everything is finished I may add a little "combat moves" plugin. Dodging for NPCs is necessary to make them more challenging, just like extra blocking - the Skyrim AI, when it comes to combat, is pretty dumb. It leaves itself open for attack way too much. That's not the case with the player, so it's only fair the NPCs have a few extra moves. Only light armor wearing NPCs will be able to dodge though.

Yes, thats exactly what I meant!

Thank you clarifying and generally putting so much work into this. :)

Dodge, not without plugging in a script extender. So not planned right now, once everything is finished I may add a little "combat moves" plugin. Dodging for NPCs is necessary to make them more challenging, just like extra blocking - the Skyrim AI, when it comes to combat, is pretty dumb. It leaves itself open for attack way too much. That's not the case with the player, so it's only fair the NPCs have a few extra moves. Only light armor wearing NPCs will be able to dodge though.

Sounds good thanks

Well, first because the extender is still poorly documented (which kinda pisses me off, trying to find documentation on a script extender should be kinda easy and straightforward, preferably bundled with the extender itself) and more importantly, Skyrim is still relatively fresh and prone to patching, which as you saw recently, tends to break stuff like script extenders.

So I think stuff requiring the use of a SE is best left for last, when both the game and the extender had time to mature. So those features will be in, but not immediately.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6002

First person body view mod and a very nice one. I'm sure you already seen it but still I feel compelled to point it out. Would be nice if it was implemented in your mod - if the creators wont agree for some reason you can at least look up how to do it yourself - it's not like you can't just copy paste the mod in your own overhaul anyway:D