Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

Not wanting to increase your workload or anything, but as it, in my opinion, fits the theme of the mod, I was wondering - if it isn't too much trouble - for you to slightly increase head bob when sprinting and jogging and to add head bob when walking in first person.

Searched around the Internet for a while and couldn't find any mod that does this, if you'd find the time to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to increase your workload or anything, but as it, in my opinion, fits the theme of the mod, I was wondering - if it isn't too much trouble - for you to slightly increase head bob when sprinting and jogging and to add head bob when walking in first person.

Searched around the Internet for a while and couldn't find any mod that does this, if you'd find the time to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

There's one right here at the Nexus. Not going to look for the link right now, but it's featured in one of the Mods Weekly vids.

Also, great to know Mansh00ter is personally supporting the thread. Have a petition for you, just if you don't find it too tedious... could you write a couple lines in your original post under some ''MOD STATUS'' headline, just so people know what you're working on, and how far you're in development? The 'download mod' link only takes me to the 'Basic Needs' portion. I guess that means 'Basic Needs' is all you have so far, but for those who're more interested in, let's say, the realistic combat section, that's kind of a 'wut' sensation.

Edited by Odrackyir

There's one right here at the Nexus. Not going to look for the link right now, but it's featured in one of the Mods Weekly vids.

That would be Real 1st Person View, which would be good, if it did more than simply attach the camera into the 3rd person model, causing the screen shake like the character was having an epileptic seizure.

Head bob when walking in the mod is good though, but if you, for example take out a torch, the shaking starts.

An interesting idea came to my mind upon re-reading this awesome featurelist; "fire will induce panic". Would it be possible somehow to simulate fire propagation / burnable materials? If yes, how much work it would be? I thought about just checking spell type and surface what it hits, then spawn fire particles which are causing damage and propagating to nearby objects (if those are also made out of materials which could catch fire). Then a shader or some texture FX would need to be applied to the burned surface and, of course the fires would die out in time. This would make fire a really serious threat. It's so lame to see enemies taking cover behind their leather tents or inside wooden shacks, completely covering them from fire or other magic.

I actually tried that, because I wanted to give extra utility to the Flames spell so that you could use it to set fire to walls, floors etc. and create fire barriers which could look awesome AND do actual damage. But so far without success, due to the way Bethesda coded spell types. Basically, you can't spawn hazard areas (like the fire wall spell) from a channeled spell. I'm still looking into a way to do that via scripting, but it's a lower priority than getting rid of that stubborn script microlag.

Fire propagation *maybe* could also be done by spawning via scripts, but I'm not sure, haven't actually tried anything like that. Not sure how would you put a stop to it though... end up setting fire to the whole world. :P

If all goes well, I'll have an alpha version of combat overhaul soon. It's going to be full of bugs though, but Skyrim is too big to test just for one person.

Very much looking forward to trying this with a brand new character and lots of console spawned enemies and tons of cheating :D

If all goes well, I'll have an alpha version of combat overhaul soon. It's going to be full of bugs though, but Skyrim is too big to test just for one person.

Very much looking forward to trying this with a brand new character and lots of console spawned enemies and tons of cheating :D

Actually - you can't cheat with this. It completely sidesteps vanilla damage system, so the cheat commands like godmode have no effect. But I'll leave the "developer" control script in for the alpha version so that players can use that to get themselves some invulnerability if they need to.