Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, we need a firewall spell and new AI that would try to avoid fire. Also, how about a low level illusion spell that can be used to frighten animals with fire - some kind of a flash of light that will make all those wolves run away:D

Hm, that's not a bad idea, since a pack wolves can kill you now quite easily if you're not careful. For that matter, so can a pack of those giant rat things, I forget the name. Once accidentally fell down a stairwell right in the middle of them, gnawed me to death in seconds. Nasty.

Talking about illusions... How about giving an illusionist a spell to create a bunch of illusions - 1 hp summons that do no damage but somehow draw all the attention?

That's easily doable. But I want to focus first on getting the alpha out. Spells like these are unlikely to be buggy since they're relatively simple, so it would be easy to add them for beta release. The main system, however, while not buggy on its own can and will create a bunch of weird situations throughout the game. It might make some fights incredibly hard (or even impossible for some character builds), or some boss fights extremely easy. Since Skyrim is so big, there is no way I can test each and every possible situation that might arise.

So that's what alpha is going to be for. Most of the game should be perfectly playable, but what I hope to get out if it is a comprehensive list of "weird stuff" that happens to players, so that I can then decide on the best way to fix them. TRO will make things really TOUGH, at least until you adjust your gameplay. I find that dungeon crawling is much slower now since I have to be way more careful about where I'm going and what is ahead. I mean, I never died to a bunch of rats before. Charging blindly into a room full of Draugr or having a bunch of giant spiders drop down your neck can kill you just like that.

But there could be situations where it is impossible to win. I haven't played through the entire game, of course, so for example situations like scripted traps where you are locked in a room with a bunch of mixed type enemies - you will find that even a few bandits, when some of them are armed with bows can present a really tough challenge - might prove impossible for a some characters with no shield or magic to protect themselves. Things like that.

Anyway Mansh00ter just remember that you are practically the last hope of real, hardcore single-player, sandbox RPG out there - with the advent of the new MMO Elder Scrolls I'm afraid we won't be seeing moddable Skyrim sequel... :ohdear:

Way to keep the pressure off, man. :P

But I wouldn't worry, I think Bethesda has enough resources to keep both lines going - especially with the success their single player games reap. Even though the next SP game is probably going to be Fallout 4.

And if they make the MMO anything like DAoC, especially the PvP, it's going to be awesome.

TES online is made by Zenimax online studios, not Bethesda Softworks, so there will be more Elder Scrolls games, especially after the great success of Skyrim.

-If that's what you meant. :ermm:

Edited by lagi