Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat Realism will not be compatible with any combat mods since it overhauls the main damage system of the game and relies on some pretty important and extensive changes to the game's core variables - any changes there and it can mess up the whole thing. But, it will feature most if not all of the features of most popular combat enhancements mods out there, so basically you will lose nothing.

Since TRO circumvents the vanilla damage system, difficulty settings will have absolutely no effect on combat gameplay. So right now, there is only one difficulty setting, the "Badass Hardcore", but in the future I may add more, like "Real men go into battle naked and painted blue" and "This setting makes other people cry in despair when they watch me play".

While I try not to get my hopes up to unproportional heights and also not pressure you, I do think that everytime you post specifics, your mod looks better and better. I will return to Skyrim at some point when your combat module is finished and I will be sure to give you all the constructional feedback I can.

Cheers

(have a kudos, btw)

Yes, poisons now have a greater variety, especially creature poisons. Not all poisons are going to damage your health, some poisons are more similar to getting infected with a disease, some will be quick and deadly (for example craftable high level ones), some will be just as deadly but slow etc.

Most poisons will no longer be just simple damage-over-time effects, but instead have varying effects and special symptoms.

To name an example, don't ignore getting poisoned by a giant frostbite spider. It won't kill you right away, but if you don't get treatment (antidotes, magic etc.), you WILL die. It won't just go away if you wait long enough and the symptoms are not a simple drop in your HP bar. Over time you will get nausea, blurred vision, you will find it difficult to walk, then you'll have trouble just staying upright and finally you end up comatose and die.

Another nifty example is also how various modules work together; for example, the new version of Basic Needs will have the optional requirement of personal hygiene (you will have to wash regularly, and you get dirty from fighting, physical straining of any kind and just slowly over time). If you neglect personal hygiene, not only will you stink an nobody will like you (Basic Needs effect), but you will also have a chance of getting an Infected Wound condition after every sustained hit (Combat Overhaul effect). This at first is little more than an itch, but can end up as a quasi-gangrene and kill you.

Edited by Mansh00ter

Mansh00ter

Have you already thought something about the weapon and armor durability?

Unfortunately, impossible to do. Bethesda didn't keep any weapon and armor stats that could be used, and without those there is no way to keep track of anything. Originally I had hoped that they would still be there, just disabled or unused, but they're completely gone.

Unfortunately, impossible to do. Bethesda didn't keep any weapon and armor stats that could be used, and without those there is no way to keep track of anything. Originally I had hoped that they would still be there, just disabled or unused, but they're completely gone.

It is a pity. But what about some simple scheme breaking things? For example, weapons can be broken in any strike against the enemy (a chance to set for each type of weapon, the iron more than the steel, etc.). This, of course, is not very realistic, but will add interest to the game.

Imagine you're fighting with the bandits and then your favorite ax is broken in the heat of battle and you have to quickly take an iron ax from a nearby corpse, and fight back.

>>>>>When do you think the next module will come out?

yeah i must say as nice as it is to read all this stuff its just getting to the point where one needs something delivered. im going on a 3 weeks journey next monday and when i come back this thing is better running OR ELSE i might stop BEING INTERESTED!!!!!!111!!!!111!!!! :armscrossed:

Edited by msz666