Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take suggestions: Maybe make the map an inventory-held item. Losing it (when arrested for example) would mean having to buy a new map and having to mark all your special places all over again. It's also a nice way to keep different maps by buying new unmarked maps when I want to. This way, I could keep one map for ticking which towns I have robbed, one to mark where I have explored, one to mark where I hide my stashes etc. Maps could even increase in financial value when you mark places which are beneficial to thieves, adventurers, alchemists etc.

Definitely, inventory map would work fine, and could be expanded as one progresses. Completely doing away with the map just won't work so long as there are quests of the “Go here TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD to talk to some dude” variety (really, the quests themselves should be fixed, but…)

Idle thought: wonder if anyone's working on a mod to make the world bigger? It'd be a…large…undertaking.

You've put a lot of thought into this. I'm all for every single item you listed and hope all of those things could be included.

If TRO removed the compass and the quest line markers, I it would have to compensate by including more alternate methods to find your way. More road signs and more NPCs with answers to where things are. Otherwise you could end up wandering around with a huge load of quests in your journal. You'd end up just playing the game "regionally", clearing every dungeon in the region and seeing what quests that advanced before moving on to the next region.

I don't know if this has been suggested before but somehow implement rent. Maybe a NPC which comes over every week and ask for 1000 gold and if you're not able to pay you get 1-2 day to get the money. And if you don't pay you will be sent to prison or won't be able to access the house untill you pay.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but many historical sieges have been stopped by rain because when bowstrings are wet they don't work

I'm only suggesting a small amount of time for your bow not to work if you jump in a river with it or its raining but snow I think would be acceptable