Any way to get rid of bodies?

gblouin86

Is there a way to get rid of dead bodies. I don't mind leaving them out in the wild but it's really jarring to have NPCs going about their business with a dead body sitting there all the time. I usually hide the ones I find distracting but is there a way to permanently get rid of certain dead bodies? If not, would love to see a mod that gives a "dispose of body" option when you look at one.

I don't know if the command will work in Skyrim or not as I've not tested it yet.

ZAP

that is the console command I used to use in Fallout series to remove offensive objects. IN FNV it seemed

to work across saves as I recall zapping objects on occasion (like a screwed up door texture) and they

did not return on the next load.

So, console, target dead npc or whatever and type ZAP

I know the KILL command works so that ZAP may work too.

Edited by Uzibeatle

• 6 months later...

Outside cities/towns... I pick the bodies up and throw them in the river... and watch them float away.... or sink.... sometimes.

How do you pick them up

Hold 'E'

I have a batch file that includes the lines:

disable

markfordelete

I saved the file as "x" so whenever I want to delete something in-game, I open the console, click the item with the arrow, then type

bat x

and then hit enter... presto, gone. If you just type disable, the item/body is still there, just not visable. If you type just markfordelete, it might not go away immediately. You may have to wait till the cell reloads. If you follow the steps above, it will disappear never to return (people that are marked to respawn will still respawn).

@gblouin86/all, i've been happily using this mod which has multiple timer options/features for keeping Skyrim cleared and respawned:

SkyRim Respawn Timescale DeadBody Timers Vendor Respawn by Corepc - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3084

(fyi, doesn't need skse or script dragon).

please note, i still have skyrim locked down at patch v1.4.27.x with no issues and very little savegame bloat (which i presume this mod is partially the reason),

i also assume this mod (from last year) works with v1.5 (haven't verified) and hopefully v1.6.

fyi, there are a lot of different options so choose wisely lol.

Edited by xlcr