Installing Mods?

Dragonpurse

Heya all,

I've been playing for the last few days like a madman and I really love this game.

I'd like to install one of the mods but problems is, it says to extract into Data\textures\actors\character\darkelfmale\ etc..

Now my problems is, my folders do not split.

I only have files like Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, etc.. in my Data folder, no further folders.

Any help on how to install it?

Thank you

THis is driving me NUTS!!! .... I have several mods I have installed .... I have checked the locations for the files ... the NEW Modified files are in the correct place as listed in the instructions .... I have even used the Nexus Mod Manager (However it will not dowload using the manager for me, but they do show up in the manager and appear to install as well .... even in the same locations as I have manually installed them) .... and When I run the game ... the Mods are NOT showing up .... I am at a loss as to what I am not doing ....

I am NOT an idiot and although has been years ago ... have installed mods before and NOT had an issue .... any help or direction here would be AWSOME ...

Give us an example of a mod you are trying to use and then please list the exact directory path you are using.

Please give as much detail as possible.

We can then go from there.

Heya all,

I've been playing for the last few days like a madman and I really love this game.

I'd like to install one of the mods but problems is, it says to extract into Data\textures\actors\character\darkelfmale\ etc..

I only have files like Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, etc.. in my Data folder, no further folders.

Thank you

You haven't explained which mod you were trying use so I'll just give some generic advice.

Unzip the file somewhere. When it has been unzipped it may just be a folder called Data and inside that there will be a folder called textures\actors\character\darkelfmale\

Copy that Data folder and paste it into your Skyrim folder

It will probably say that you already have a Data folder there. Just go ahead anyway.

There all done.

If the unzipped file is called textures then copy and paste that INSIDE your Skyrim/Data folder.

Simple.

If when you unzip the file/folder it is called GenericMod don't put that into the Skyrim/Data folder. Go down a level of the GenericMod folder and find the Data (or textures or meshes or whatever) folder and copy and paste as advised above.

Heya all,

Thank you

You haven't explained which mod you were trying use so I'll just give some generic advice.

Unzip the file somewhere. When it has been unzipped it may just be a folder called Data and inside that there will be a folder called textures\actors\character\darkelfmale\

Copy that Data folder and paste it into your Skyrim folder

It will probably say that you already have a Data folder there. Just go ahead anyway.

There all done.

If the unzipped file is called textures then copy and paste that INSIDE your Skyrim/Data folder.

Simple.

If when you unzip the file/folder it is called GenericMod don't put that into the Skyrim/Data folder. Go down a level of the GenericMod folder and find the Data (or textures or meshes or whatever) folder and copy and paste as advised above.

I'm having the same problem as these people and I'm doing exactly what you stated here. For example I'm trying to use the dark recolor of the nightingale armor, and when I download that file I get the "textures" folder; which I then put inside of my data folder. And nothing happens. Literally have no idea what I should be doing to fix this.

This is my data folder inside the Skyrim root folder:

http://i44.tinypic.com/25qygbo.png

I'm trying to install "No More Blocky Faces" by Xenius

Problem is, my game does not have folders but ".bsa" extension files

It does have folders as you can see by the Interface/Strings etc.

OK I have downloaded that mod and extracted it.

It gives me a folder called No_More_Blocky_Faces-1_30-30

Inside of that folder there is a Data folder. Copy it.

Paste it into your Skyrim directory.

It will say something along the lines of you already have a Data folder. Just overwrite it.

Now when you go into your Skyrim/Data folder you will see the added textures folder. All should be good to go.

I have a feeling some people are putting the mod Data folders inside the Skyrim/Data folder rather than the Skyrim root folder. That won't work.

Edited by Smosh