ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Having Problems with some console commands

shadow56

I have having problems with some of the console commands and need some help

For instance

Player.advskill marksman ### where ### is 100 does nothing as well as Player.advskill lightarmor ### where ### is 100

Some of the others do work

My biggest problem is with the advperk command

Example I want to advance the Barbarian perk.

I already have barbarien 1 and there are a total of five levels

I want to go to barbarien 2 and I have the skill point to to that but don't want to use up a perk

I type player.advperk (id number)

There are five codes

000babe8 Barbarian 00

00079346 Barnarian 20

347 40

348 60

349 80

adding anyone of the above id numbers after the perk command gives the following sytax

Added Barbarian 1 to Snake

In other words I cannot go to 2, 3, 4, or 5

Here is another one

I have a skill where I have not used any perks. Example Armsman

I want go to the fist level

I type the appropriate id for level 1

I get the sytax added Armsman 1 to Snake

I get out of console mode

Get out of the skill menu and then go back into it to see if I advanced to 1 It still shows 0

What am I doing wrong and why are some of the advskill commands working and some are not?.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know for this is for some reason the console sometimes decides it hates me. Sometimes even 5 minutes into loading the game, I can't toggle clipping anymore. tcl wont do jack squat. Yet, when I save, exit, and reload the game, BAM. It works again.

You might want to try a clean load of the game to see if you can do it form the instant you exit the loading screen, and if that doesn't work, I can only assume that certain things were improperly coded into the game's framework itself. Traditionally I would blame your installation, and just say reinstall from disk, but it seems like Bethesda has REALLY dropped the ball on bug fixes for this game. Probably the only option is to cross your fingers that it gets covered in a patch.

All I know for this is for some reason the console sometimes decides it hates me. Sometimes even 5 minutes into loading the game, I can't toggle clipping anymore. tcl wont do jack squat. Yet, when I save, exit, and reload the game, BAM. It works again.

You might want to try a clean load of the game to see if you can do it form the instant you exit the loading screen, and if that doesn't work, I can only assume that certain things were improperly coded into the game's framework itself. Traditionally I would blame your installation, and just say reinstall from disk, but it seems like Bethesda has REALLY dropped the ball on bug fixes for this game. Probably the only option is to cross your fingers that it gets covered in a patch.

You may want to make sure you don't have a reference ID loaded; check to make sure you didn't click anything.

I have having problems with some of the console commands and need some help

For instance

Player.advskill marksman ### where ### is 100 does nothing as well as Player.advskill lightarmor ### where ### is 100

Some of the others do work

My biggest problem is with the advperk command

Example I want to advance the Barbarian perk.

I already have barbarien 1 and there are a total of five levels

I want to go to barbarien 2 and I have the skill point to to that but don't want to use up a perk

I type player.advperk (id number)

There are five codes

000babe8 Barbarian 00

00079346 Barnarian 20

347 40

348 60

349 80

adding anyone of the above id numbers after the perk command gives the following sytax

Added Barbarian 1 to Snake

In other words I cannot go to 2, 3, 4, or 5

Here is another one

I have a skill where I have not used any perks. Example Armsman

I want go to the fist level

I type the appropriate id for level 1

I get the sytax added Armsman 1 to Snake

I get out of console mode

Get out of the skill menu and then go back into it to see if I advanced to 1 It still shows 0

What am I doing wrong and why are some of the advskill commands working and some are not?.

player.advskill destruction 100

This would give the player 100 experience in destruction, not levels.

I would recommend using this code instead.

player.setav marksman 100

Note: this will not increase your level.

Also the code for perks you are looking for is

player.addperk <ID>

You simply add all of the levels of a single perk. So for a full set of Barbarian you would type this:

player.addperk 000babe8

player.addperk 00079346

player.addperk 00079347

player.addperk 00079348

player.addperk 00079349

Edited by Evilslay3r5