Mod to make third person feel like Skyrim's?

Krytern

I'm so used to Skyrim that when I started Oblivion and ran around in third person view it just feels clunky and I don't like how it feels. Is there a mod that makes third person view the same as Skyrim's? Also while I am here does Mod Organiser work well with Oblivion and OBSE?

No idea about the third person view, but if you use Oblivion Reloaded, maybe the ini file for that mod has some options, for example chasing camera (smooth moving) can be toggled on and off and all that. If not, at least it offers you the commands to make your own mod for moving camera positions. From what I read, OR should offer the options to define custom camera positions or something to cycle through. The documentation should have more info.

If you use Mod Organizer, you will need to install all OBSE plugins manually, and you obviously need to install OBSE manually. That in itself renders profiles (mostly) useless, but it has not bothered me since I only use one profile. You will also need to use the Script Extender launch method in the workarounds tab in MO settings if you use Steam version of Oblivion, since you have to launch the game from Steam for OBSE to work. When you do that, the Oblivion launcher will not show any mods, but they will be in the game when it launches. Also, if you have a Steam version of Oblivion, remember to click the button to date back BSAs in the... I think it was the workarounds tab again, in Mod Organizer, or else any replacer mods (meshes, textures) will not work. If you use the 1.3.11 version, it should work. However, if you run into issues, there is always Wrye Bash. I myself use Mod Organizer, but some people have had issues getting it to work.

Also, when using MO, you will probably need to manually restructure mods to make them ready for MO installation. And if you want to install a mod that comes as an OMOD package, you probably need to unpack it with OBMM, restructure manually and add to MO mods folder. So if you use MO, you might need to do more manual work, but other than that, it is a great tool.

Hopefully that helps a little. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the very detailed information! I think the main thing that bothers me about third person view is the delay when moving the camera and the lack of a diagonal animation when running diagonally. At least I can fix the delay which will make it feel much better for me personally!