Automatron Star Wars Droid parts

immortalfrieza

Simply put, I want there to be parts for droids from Star Wars, preferably ones we can mix and match like the vanilla Automatron robots. The more parts the better obviously, from the droids that would work primarily as flavor like R2 units and 3PO units, to various battle droids from the KOTOR era to Droidekas and B1s, and so on, any parts from any droids in Star Wars that the modders know of T3, HK, whatever.

The way I figure it, initially the player would find a really old and rusted droid out in the wasteland somewhere that's pretty basic and has low stats, then salvage the parts from it, I'll leave it to the modder to decide where and what droid parts to find there, then how they'd find the rest since I'm not inventive enough to think of an immersive way to do it.

One thing I'd love to be able to do is recreate these:

3pogeonosis.jpg

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2011/Review_C3POBattleDroidHeadTSC/Review_C3POBattleDroidHeadTSC_stillA.JPG

the obvious starting droid would be a basic B1 as that was the standard invasion unit and were super common but a B2 wouldn't be that much less likely. Droideka were rarer again so you'd have to work towards one of those. Beyond that there were actualy hundreds of specialty combat droid models you can also invent variants based on toys with action features.

the obvious starting droid would be a basic B1 as that was the standard invasion unit and were super common but a B2 wouldn't be that much less likely. Droideka were rarer again so you'd have to work towards one of those. Beyond that there were actualy hundreds of specialty combat droid models you can also invent variants based on toys with action features.

I was thinking we'd start with the KOTOR era droids, which would be weakest and least effective overall, (but could still be modded to be more useful to keep up with the later ones) then progress to the Prequel and Empire Era droids, which would generally be more effective, it would make sense they would be somewhat better considering there's 4000 years of technological progress between them. Then of course a smattering of other droids built for various purposes from between the eras, whatever the modders can fit in.

For instance, a rusty version of this is what you start out with:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/scarletguard/Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic/GreenGun_zpse893c742.jpg

Which would be the weakest, least well armed, and least intelligent variant, then a little later on with some low level perks and the parts you could start building ones like these:

http://rpggamer.org/shippics/starforgebattledroid.jpg

Which would be larger and stronger than the previous ones, and so on and so forth.

In fact, I'm thinking that there would be 5 general categories of droids:

"Small" droids which are more humanoid droids like B1s and the KOTOR ones pictured above and are all around weaker but easier to get.

"Large" variants that are stronger all around but harder to find the parts for and require higher level perks to make. (think a Synth Vs. a Sentry bot)

"General" variants that don't fit into any particular classification and are more variable in their usage and requirements like probe droids.

"Flavor" variants have more situational abilities like increasing Charisma and hacking computers and are more intended to be settlers or shopkeepers or whatever like Protocol droids and Astromech droids.

"Special" variants that are versions based off of unique or important droids in Star Wars, like HK-47, GO-TO, and so forth.

Of course, the player could mix and match them together just like how vanilla robots to create metal monstrosities. Eventually the modders could take recorded lines out of movies and games and whatever and use them to create personalities for the droids, I could just imagine hearing HK-47's voice coming out of C3PO's mouth.

So it depends on if you want a timeline approach, a tech tree approach or an approach based on which are more likely to encounter.

I like the idea of working through the timeline but it's still more likely to run into a B1 so what if you find a burned out and worthless C3PO Protocol Droid with a silver leg and red arm (yes I'm implying he's the actual C3PO). You don't understand the tech but, taking it back to your settlement, you are able to place it and wire it to a terminal. You use the terminal and get the first part of the history of the jedi including the blueprints for one of their first ever droids. You get the materials (including some specialty things added by the mod) and build one and do some quests using it. You eventually get a message on the screen saying "you feel you understand droids a little better now perhaps you can try hacking the broken one again" and thus the cycle repeats several times kind of like doing minutemen missions. Eventually you uncover protocol droid blueprints and can repair C3PO who congratulates you on advancing to far so fast but refuses to continue being used as your personal library. He does agree to give you the rest of the droid blueprints he has in exchange for finding and repairing R2D2.

hows that sound?

Edited by Nevercallmebyname

So it depends on if you want a timeline approach, a tech tree approach or an approach based on which are more likely to encounter.

I like the idea of working through the timeline but it's still more likely to run into a B1 so what if you find a burned out and worthless C3PO Protocol Droid with a silver leg and red arm (yes I'm implying he's the actual C3PO). You don't understand the tech but, taking it back to your settlement, you are able to place it and wire it to a terminal. You use the terminal and get the first part of the history of the jedi including the blueprints for one of their first ever droids. You get the materials (including some specialty things added by the mod) and build one and do some quests using it. You eventually get a message on the screen saying "you feel you understand droids a little better now perhaps you can try hacking the broken one again" and thus the cycle repeats several times kind of like doing minutemen missions. Eventually you uncover protocol droid blueprints and can repair C3PO who congratulates you on advancing to far so fast but refuses to continue being used as your personal library. He does agree to give you the rest of the droid blueprints he has in exchange for finding and repairing R2D2.

hows that sound?

Good questline ideas, but I'd personally prefer it if unlike how the Automatron questline and getting all the robot parts worked there that parts of droids were found and took a long time to complete rather than just given to you for doing quests for the most part. Naturally someone could also just use console commands to just wish it all up if they wanted to, but I always prefer it if mods require extensive exploration and hours and hours of work to get from it's least to it's best aspects.

Maybe a combination of both, you could find a bunch of parts lying around some locations and some are given to you from hacking the C3PO unit, or maybe you could hack the C3PO unit and it would help direct you to areas where the next "tier" of droid parts is likely to be found, but many of the parts especially for the particularly powerful and useful droids have to be located simply flying by the seat of your pants.

Yeah I figured that's what you wanted I'm just trying to work out an explanation for why every droid in the starwars timeline is on earth. If you're going out and finding them it would make sense to be able to find droids from one particular time period but earlier droids would have been discontinued before the battle. I suppose you could do a mix of the two. You search for destroyed droids out in the wastes AND research earlier droids by connecting droid heads to a specialized droid hacking terminal?

oh that's what you just said

Edited by Nevercallmebyname

Yeah I figured that's what you wanted I'm just trying to work out an explanation for why every droid in the starwars timeline is on earth. If you're going out and finding them it would make sense to be able to find droids from one particular time period but earlier droids would have been discontinued before the battle. I suppose you could do a mix of the two. You search for destroyed droids out in the wastes AND research earlier droids by connecting droid heads to a specialized droid hacking terminal?

oh that's what you just said

Trying to make Star Wars Droids buildable in Fallout 4 have a sensible story reason is probably an exercise in futility really. I'd probably just go with some vague explanation the player could make up their own guesses as to the rest, but nothing definitive. It also would help make it so it doesn't particularly matter that older droids are discontinued because the source of the droids isn't all that defined anyway.

not realy an exorcise in futility. Starwars happened long ago in a galaxy far away from ours so the obvious explanation is that modern day starwars is spread all across the universe and, during the 200 years while the player was frozen, they came to earth briefly but something beat them back. Perhaps droids take more damage from rad storms than other robots? So you wake up walk around the commonwealth to the tunes of diamond city radio and find a beaten and disabled droid. And thus the mod begins.

good idea, i support this.
since SW happened long ago, then it makes sense that droid parts from several eras is somewhat available.
of course, all of them here and there across the CW is very unlikely.
so maybe a crashed spaceship (star destroyer anyone?) with more than a few droids inside (not all of course) with a computer that has survived the crash.
the ship could have burned up while swooping down through the atmosphere and spread parts all around too.
those computers might include historical information about several types of droids, incl. blueprints.

maybe one could find components that allows those droids to communicate with the players and learn the player to improve the builds.