LordofWar - 3 Armor Mods Deleted From Database

H00V3RD8M

Well, the theft of his mods sucks, but I think his action of take down all mods a childish one and pathetic (like most of modders who make this), just search on google his mod and you likely will find a link to download or ask for someone who have the mod to make a upload. Oh well, lucky me have downloaded before, but is annoying have to backup all mods because someday the modder may have throws a tantrum and decide take down on nexus thinking will solve something :sleep:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I think Nexus can be a bit too strict with their moderation at times, it beats me why someone would ever choose a site like bethesda.net over the Nexus (consoles would be the only reason I suppose).

Whatever you feel about the Nexus, they are good at dealing with immature people who harass and berate others. Beth's site doesn't seem to be good in that department at all.

I didn't have the pleasure to try out L0rdofWars mods yet since I just recently got the game, but I do hope he returns to modding if he found it enjoyable and continues to deliver wonderful content for the community.

(I also dread at the idea of beth's site gaining monopoly of the modding community seeing as they have corporate interests motivated by greed (just as most other large companies). Thus seeing a return of paid mods where a high percentage of the income would go to them and not the modder wouldn't surprise me at all.)

• 1 month later...

Well, the theft of his mods sucks, but I think his action of take down all mods a childish one and pathetic (like most of modders who make this), just search on google his mod and you likely will find a link to download or ask for someone who have the mod to make a upload. Oh well, lucky me have downloaded before, but is annoying have to backup all mods because someday the modder may have throws a tantrum and decide take down on nexus thinking will solve something :sleep:

Well, he is well within his right to take them down but I have to admit I was rather irritated, I understand his motivations behind it but it still felt like a middle finger to the people who were fans of his mods.

Edited by Daethi

Well, he is well within his right to take them down but I have to admit I was rather irritated, I understand his motivations behind it but it still felt like a middle finger to the people who were fans of his mods.

If the fans like that guy @OiramX5, then the middle finger will be the right respond.

If the fans like that guy @OiramX5, then the middle finger will be the right respond.

And right you are! I don't understand the entitlement mentality of Fans.

I'm a big fan of your stuff. But I came too late to the game so missed out on your mods and thus all the many retextures of your mods too. But I feel it is wrong to go hunt for a boot-leg of your mods to feed my own wants. And those fans turning admiration into venting against the mod author makes absolutely no sense.

If you ever change your mind and bring your mods back to the Nexus I'll be one of the first to download. If not, well that is your right as a mod author and I'm not going to go around that. Just wanted to let you know that not all of us fans are created alike.

I ain't disagreeing with you on that part but it is a minority of people with an attitude problem.

I ain't disagreeing with you on that part but it is a minority of people with an attitude problem.

It is however that perpetual minority that tends to be the most "vocal" in their cause, and understandably there is only so much of that type of behaviour people can take before frustration and irritation takes over.

Not surprising people want to wash their hands of all the drama and negativity at times.

It is however that perpetual minority that tends to be the most "vocal" in their cause, and understandably there is only so much of that type of behaviour people can take before frustration and irritation takes over.

Not surprising people want to wash their hands of all the drama and negativity at times.

I wouldn't say that, most people voicing their opinion on this topic ain't having a go at L0rd for removing his mods, people with negative things to say are usually just more continually vocal.

I'll never understand why modders take off their mods off from the nexus due to stolen mods

By taking your mod off due to theft issues just redirects all the traffic to the pirated version, which in-turns screws you over and gives more incentive to download pirate mods

Only way to really deal with this is by putting your trust in hope into the people that respect YOU and YOUR mods.

No-one likes pirated mods, because it screws over the original creator and frankly I dont trust them. But when you give the people that dislike this practice no choice but to download them off thieves? its puts our privacy at danger as well makes more recognize these scum of a people.

I do not agree with taking them off as a 'Childish tantrum' but I feel like its over-paranoia because your scared of that domino effect, There is nothing you can do about others stealing your work, you really just have to accept it, Unless you can contact the sites admin and just tell them you dont want your mods on their page. that seems like a more logical approach. They may be a host to a collection of theft, but I'm sure they could understand.

Anyone have a counter-argument to this? would love to hear it.

Edited by Yisregaurd