Crafting Arrows

mtflannery89

Feathers should be dropped by mages as well. Maybe even a new alchemical ingredient that can be bought from alchemists.

That way you add more ingredients for the alchemists to use, and a new item that is beneficial in crafting.

You should also be able to deconstruct other arrow types to collect the feathers.

a.k.a. taking crappy iron arrows, peeling the feathers off, then gluing them back onto arrows with ebony tips or whatever.

I just had another great idea...

Metals that are usable for alchemical purposes. :D

Edited by mtflannery89

idk about chicken/hagraven feathers...wouldn't a feather from a bird that can actually fly be better?

But otherwise, I wholeheartedly second.

That is a good point. however in medieval and nordic times they used chicken feathers for fletching as they were a more ready supply than any other type of feather

But eagle/hawk feathers would make great additions, I just havent shot at a flying bird to find out if you can bring them down

I support this idea whole heartedly. arrows would need: ingots, feathers(chickens for low level, hagraven for high) and "shafts" (advancement from firewood)

Genius! A general formula of

1 [Foobar] Ingot + 1 [Foobar] Feathers + 1 Firewood + 1 [Optional Special Item] = 10 Foobar Arrows

would probably work great. "Optional special item" being stuff like a Daedra's heart for daedric arrows.

Thanks a ton Tytanis. this is really a requirement for skyrim :P

I support this idea whole heartedly. arrows would need: ingots, feathers(chickens for low level, hagraven for high) and "shafts" (advancement from firewood)

Genius! A general formula of

1 [Foobar] Ingot + 1 [Foobar] Feathers + 1 Firewood + 1 [Optional Special Item] = 10 Foobar Arrows

would probably work great. "Optional special item" being stuff like a Daedra's heart for daedric arrows.

YAY I feel loved :D

Edited by AtlasS

A quick inspection of the items reveal that there are two types of feathers in the game (hawk feathers and hargraven feathers). And there's only one type of wood in the game (firewood).

Something like

[Everyone can make these]

Iron Arrows

*1 Iron Ingot, 1 Hawk Feathers, 1 Firewood

["Light" arrows, unlocked with the corresponding smithing perks, which use 1 Hawk Feathers and 1 Firewood, plus the following ingot]

*Steel Arrows [steel Ingot]

*Silver Arrows [silver Ingot]

*Elven Arrows [Refined Moonstone]

*Glass [Refined Malachite]

["Heavy" arrows, unlocked with the corresponding smithing perks, which use 1 Hawk Feathers and 1 Firewood, plus the following ingot]

*Dwarven Arrows [Dwarven Ingot]

*Orcish Arrows [Orichalcum Ingot]

*Ebony arrows [Ebony Ingot]

*Daedric Arrows [Ebony Ingot, + Daedra Heart]

If someone wants to bring in chicken feathers in the game, it could be something like

[Everyone can make these]

Iron Arrows

*1 Iron Ingot, 1 Chicken Feathers, 1 Firewood

["Light" arrows, unlocked with the corresponding smithing perks, which use 1 Firewood, plus the following ingot and feathers]

*Steel Arrows [steel Ingot, Chicken Feathers]

*Silver Arrows [silver Ingot, Hawk Feathers]

*Elven Arrows [Refined Moonstone, Hawk Feathers]

*Glass [Refined Malachite, Hawk Feathers]

["Heavy" arrows, unlocked with the corresponding smithing perks, which use 1 Hawk Feathers and 1 Firewood, plus the following ingot]

*Dwarven Arrows [Dwarven Ingot, Chicken Feathers]

*Orcish Arrows [Orichalcum Ingot, Hargraven Feathers]

*Ebony arrows [Ebony Ingot, Hargraven Feathers]

*Daedric Arrows [Ebony Ingot, Hargraven Feathers, Daedra Heart]

Edited by headbomb

Well on the fishing pole note, I have seen one at a hunter's camp. It was there, all nice and ready to go, except all one can do with it is kick it around.

To make sense though of my post, the chicken nests, as well as other nests found in the game. To produce the feathers, I mean. I have seen a large bird of prey in the air, would be very justified to simply have another type of feather, right?

As for enchanted arrows, lets see, enchanted arrow, enchanted bow, and application of a poison.. that might be a bit broken... I cannot Wait to Try it.