ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Who killed Ysolda?

AWSullivan

So I have been running quests here and there for folks in Whiterun and Ysolda, the girl who wants to be a merchant, asked me to get her a Mammoth tusk so the cat folk will give her street cred. I figured I'd knock that out when I find a Mammoth. Well I ran across one while trying to find the Red Guard guys who are after the woman in the Bannered Mare.

I take on and finally kill the Mammoth and after dealing with the guys in the cave I head back to Whiterun. Ysolda is grateful for my gift and gives me some speech level ups and I bid her good day. I then proceeded to buy my house as I now had enough money. It's late so I crash after getting settled into the house.

The next day I load up the game and head out to face the day. What do I find? Ysolda is dead and laying in the drainage (water effects) around the big tree in Whiterun. A courier runs up and gives me 100g and a note stating that she left it to me.

Who killed her? Why? I took the key from her body and searched her house but I didn't find anything useful. A quick search of the internet didn't turn up any quests or story lines that ended this way.

I had intended to marry her in the long run but now I can't. I guess I'll find another wife but I really want to know why she was killed.

Haha! I would love to find that this is part of the Radiant Story engine. I just hope it's not a glitch.

Now to solve the mystery. :)

Thanks for the input!

Then it's not only incredibly buggy, but has a mind of it's own!

Like what if your HOUSE isn't really safe to store items? What if the radiant story engine decided to send a 'thief' npc into your house while you are away?

Well you are screwed when that happens... lol.