Picking up items Oblivion style

mrschnuffels

Thread necromancy - this is an old topic from just after the game was released. :rolleyes:

I'm leaving it open because I have seen this same request in another topic recently.

To pick up and move an object - press and HOLD the 'E' key (or whatever key you redefined as the 'action' key the you can move it. To drop it click the E again. Note that not every game object can be manipulated.

I played Oblivion and the only way to rotate and properly place objects was with a mod called 'Decorator's Assistant' I believe there were console commands also, but Decorators assistant was far better and did have the capability to lock things in place. There are some Skyrim mods to help with manipulating objects , but nothing with the full capability of Oblivion's Decorators Assistant mod. (yet)

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still not possible? In morrowind, you could do it without a mod. That was 2002... 10 years ago. What is the point to having houses if you can't place your sh..stuff in them? Hell, I'd be happy with a mod that just kept things from flipping upside down as soon as you pick them up.

My house keeps getting more and more bare as I accidentally knock stuff over and, rather than try to put it back or reload, I have to just vendor it. Previous post mentioned some potential mods but with no links. Where are they?

• 2 years later...