Clean up

wroma74

Hi all!

Anyone using Clean up ?

I'd like to remove all dead monsters/NPC and delete their reference to the game... is this a good mod? Any issue?

Thank you

very recommended,

this is good enough to keep some unwanted stuff to be purged. The disable and delete reference works well especially in exterior. but not that effective in interior cell

as for actor ... this mod NOT do it that well....

the ideal methods to purge actor is : disable the actor, sent the actor to some interior cell let's just call it graveyard, then finally purge all actors with command ResetInterior

kuertee Clean Up just manage to Disable the actor but not send them to graveyard.

if the Player is back to the same cell again, then the cell reset timer will start over. Which means : the cell will NEVER do ResetInterior if the player frequently visit that cell again and again

imagine if you kill the same actor in the same place. The result will be seen, like .... you'll never encounter anything more in that cell because NPCs NEVER got reset.

summary : kuertee Clean Up is good enough to delete some item reference, and not that effective when it comes to actor purge especially in exterior. Worldspace that can be loaded is around 60.000 radius per area, if you enter that area again the cell reset timer will start from beginning

but this is not the real problems.

the worst scenario is modding pitfall and Oblivion engine itself, such as :

- mod that use string_var in Object Script that is not-persistent. the string_var will be accumulated and bloat your savegame for sure. That's what my teacher told me -> Forli (author of Vampire Revolution). I don't know how many mod that have this issue, but last time I found out that Fashion Anvil mod is using string_var wrongly. It is applied to non-persistent object script. This string_var issue can be in Function script too, it's very bad isn't it?

- mod that use CloneForm too much.... this command syntax is dangerous if not used correctly since cloned object form can't be destroyed by simple Disable-Delete Reference. it will still persist in the entire savegame (even you deactive the mod, it may still persist !!! ) .... Best to avoid this kind of mod

- mod that use syntax PlaceAtMe or Drop too much and forgot to clean up with Disable-Delete reference routine. This is big problem, since kuertee Clean Up can't delete item reference in interior that well. So mod that add a bunch of armors and weapons and everything else, THAT will become big-dump-garbage in long term use..... IF the author forgot to clean up with Disable-Delete Reference

- mod that use syntax MoveTo on Player too much to move to another worldspace and leave many garbage in the last cell. You know, I've been researching this long. IF the command MoveTo is called on player and make player move to different worldspace ex. from Leyawiin Player teleported by MoveTo into Imperial City Market District (different worldspace), the object in last cell in Leyawiin will be inaccessible thus making the reference NOT DELETED properly just because out of reach (not loaded in memory). Oblivion engine can only load one worldspace at time not two or more, even you don't use mod like purge cell buffer. The last worldspace cell that we visit will NOT LOADED into our memory, until we come back to that place. This is the problem for us all modders. The object dropped in the world is Generic, usually start off with index FF (255). This Object CAN'T BE accessed anywhere except the player is within the same worldspace and same cell as the object (but if you already visit that cell in that worldspace the object can be accessed, yeah something like that)

- and finally, THE FINAL BOSS of this garbage problem which is hardest to beat. So after all of my explanation did you get how to clean item reference properly ? The next problem is biggest of ALL, I've researched this in one week and found out something bad in Oblivion engine itself.... the item that dropped in AAA cell will still remain until that cell is Reset, then if the AAA cell got Reset. You know what, the item WILL NOT CLEANED UP in Oblivion auto reset Cell !!! even we use the Disable-Delete Reference routine in the Object script somehow the script that attached to that object is STOPPED WORKING !!! so the only way to access that INACCESSIBLE reference is by store it in array before the cell auto reset, the downside of storing it in array is .... imagine that how many object that you've encountered IN YOUR ENTIRE JOURNEY !!! That would be MASSIVE amount..... like I said, this is the biggest problem of all !!!

The Oblivion default cell reset hour interval is defined in game setting called ' iHoursToRespawnCell ' as I remember the default is 72 hours = 3 days game time

why I said this is the Big Boss problem ? Because the item that have been disabled by auto reset can't be accessed anymore, even you use GetFIrstRef syntax or whatever else (except the early array storing trick, before the object got auto cell reset) ... I've been researching this and just knowing this is definitely the sad fact and still not have any good solution... Storing it in array could be bad for long term use, but I think still better than have unwanted big-dump-garbage in our savegame. This, is the solution that I use so far since my mod is storing so little item that need to be cleaned

so ... if you know how to open some ESP mod with TES 4 CSE, or TES 4 edit and analyze its script

you'll know which mod is considered dangerous or not

I have this knowledge because of my teacher, and I make sure every of my mod is avoid this issue

• 3 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS AoG v 43.00 can PREVENT Savegame bloat ISSUE !!!

- W h a t ' s N e w -

v43.00
- NEW! Dynamic Object Purger : AoG can TOTALLY declare your savegame is FREE from BLOAT !!! I've created the code from scratch, I could say this is the next generation of the great Clean Up mod. Info about bloat >>> (see Official bug here). BIG Thanks to : Tiawar, Forli, Llde
- AoG Torch : pc light on torch wrong validation bug fixed, Drop Lit Torch issue bug fixed