Can't open "Data files" at launcher

Hafvstedt

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have tried all of the above but my [Launcher] section is at the bottom and all it contains is this: [Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

It is at the bottom and only at the bottom... :( I really want a big pile of mods and can't get them... can someone say, copy their entire SkyrimPrefs.ini onto a comment or release a download... please? Just copy the entire thing onto a comment and I'll copy it over mine and I'll be soooooooo happy. :)

Oh nvm, i fixed it. I was using the wrong one. Turns out that the game does not care about the one in the skyrim folder but instead uses one somewhere else. If you need help with this then you just do a system search for SkyrimPrefs.ini and a couple might come up. Try editing those ones instead.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the Data Files button to show up, I have like 50 mods DL'd but I have a few activated (3= few) but in my .ini file, I scrolled down to the launcher section and it says bEnableFileSelections=1, but when I DL'd skyrim is said that before. email me at [email protected] if you have a solution to this problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems most of us have the same copy of Skyrim.

Paste this to the last line of the prefs file:

bEnableFileSelection=1

Note** not the Prefs file in the game folder per say (that one already has the line), but the one in the Documents>My Games>Skyrim folder

I believe this will fix the problem

• 4 weeks later...