Construction shows nothing except Actors > NPC > Player

battleslut

Edit: I meant the Construction Set* in the title

I was trying to install these mods [1] [2], which require the use of the construction set. I did it once before and it worked fine. I messed up the data folder and replaced my Oblivion folder with my clean backup. Now whenever I open the construction set, it's pretty much completely blank, except for Player... I also can't change the race from VampireRace, which I don't remember happening before. The first time this happened, I ignored it and continued with the creation of the esp. Got to the title screen just fine, but as soon as I made a new game or tried to load a save, I CTD.

Uninstalled Oblivion, manually deleted everything related to it, even uninstalled Steam altogether. Tried again with the same results.

http://i.imgur.com/syIRrC9.jpg

What do?

Edited by battleslut

I will not comment on what it is you are doing, because I have never tried to install those mods, but from the screenshot it looks like you have not loaded any data into the Construction Set. From the top left -> File -> Data -> check the files you want -> make the file you want to edit the active one -> Ok -> the CS loads the data. Something like that. It apparently only loads some sort of hardcoded stuff or so by default, and that is not much.

This is actually the first time I saw that sort of installation instructions. Interesting. Every day a new learning experience awaits around the corner. :D

If you are going to do more with the CS, you could consider using the Construction Set Extender by shademe - it absolutely beats the Skyrim and Fallout 4 Creation Kits and is a must for anyone who uses the CS more than five minutes: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36370

Edit: To clarify: if you want to make a new .esp file, do not set an active file at all. If you want to edit an .esp file, set it as the active one.

Edited by Contrathetix

Contrathetix is correct. This is the hardcoded data records you see when you open the CS without opening a plugin or a masterfile, not even Oblivion.esm was loaded here.

If you want to create a "new" plugin, go into "File -> Data..." and check at least the Oblivion.esm. You cannot mark it as the active plugin, nor will you want to make any other plugin the active one, but the Oblivion.esm needs to be selected no matter what. (At least in your case of creating a new plugin, that is.)

Contrathetix is correct. This is the hardcoded data records you see when you open the CS without opening a plugin or a masterfile, not even Oblivion.esm was loaded here.

If you want to create a "new" plugin, go into "File -> Data..." and check at least the Oblivion.esm. You cannot mark it as the active plugin, nor will you want to make any other plugin the active one, but the Oblivion.esm needs to be selected no matter what. (At least in your case of creating a new plugin, that is.)

Uhhhh huh... Thanks. For some reason the first time I did it, I guess Oblivion.esm was automatically checked. I had never used the Construction Set before haha

Edited by battleslut