CTD Randomly while exploring the commonweath

Vayleos

If I did that, and tested with a new character, in your opinion, would that help somewhat?

It will determine the What IF issue of the plugins effectiveness.

Oh and I checked Spring Cleaning and didn't really see what I was supposed to be looking for, but I'll disable that just in-case (it seems like it had cell problems before by what I've read on the mod page).

it has hidden deleted content and yet host the same content to run all within it's self. This causes a loop. you can't have it both ways.

Amazing huh?

some times simple things are hard to find unless you get help from those who know.

Your welcome.

I really appreciate the help so far. Thanks to you I also kind of learned how to use xEdit to check for conflicts the other tools didn't.

Would it be a good idea to start with a new character? (More than likely huh. I would imagine that the issue could remain) My current one is only lvl 11, so I wouldn't lose too much progress. And with the Alternate Start mod I have would make starting a new character less painful.

Edited by Vayleos

Any time an issue of any sort exists ? The saved game can be considered contaminated.

Cleaning saved games is a required taste and knowledge required for that taste.

Though I can clean most damaged saved games, in this instance it's not warranted.

Saved games worth saving are over 100 + hours derived from a lot of hard work, they deserve the efforts .

25 hours or less? "No", so it is always best to start over with known clean data.

In this game, it is a crap shoot / gamble Either way. You can not be sure of any mods integrity or compatibility, issues arise that take you in the wrong directions all the time.

Take the less painful rout.

Due to the nature of the game here, Diagnostics, you should get familiar with others saved game files for use in these matters for testing the games integrity.

i have just been pulling my hair out with similar CTD's however definitely at Cambridge Police Station.

after disabling all mods, reverting temporarily to vanilla mesh assets and only having Fallout4.esm ticked

i was thinking it will be one of my nifskope nif mashups with errors as my game is modded excessively

still crashed!

moved my signage folder (textures this time) out of the game and that was it.

a wrong sized texture CTD'd the game lol

never had that before ever, even Skyrim would just display it incorrectly but not FO4! we must crash to desktop yesss.... :P

anyways, its working now..

Any time an issue of any sort exists ? The saved game can be considered contaminated.

Cleaning saved games is a required taste and knowledge required for that taste.

Though I can clean most damaged saved games, in this instance it's not warranted.

Saved games worth saving are over 100 + hours derived from a lot of hard work, they deserve the efforts .

25 hours or less? "No", so it is always best to start over with known clean data.

In this game, it is a crap shoot / gamble Either way. You can not be sure of any mods integrity or compatibility, issues arise that take you in the wrong directions all the time.

Take the less painful rout.

Due to the nature of the game here, Diagnostics, you should get familiar with others saved game files for use in these matters for testing the games integrity.

Thanks. It definitely makes sense. I started a new character and I'm still getting crashes. I'll try disabling the UI mods. It's just to bad I can't find a spot where it crashes every time. Just running around waiting for it to crash is very time consuming.

i have just been pulling my hair out with similar CTD's however definitely at Cambridge Police Station.

after disabling all mods, reverting temporarily to vanilla mesh assets and only having Fallout4.esm ticked

i was thinking it will be one of my nifskope nif mashups with errors as my game is modded excessively

still crashed!

moved my signage folder (textures this time) out of the game and that was it.

a wrong sized texture CTD'd the game lol

never had that before ever, even Skyrim would just display it incorrectly but not FO4! we must crash to desktop yesss.... :tongue:

anyways, its working now..

I wish it were as easy for me. I don't have any specific spot that it crashes at making it very hard a frustrating to find what mods are doing this.

Thanks. It definitely makes sense. I started a new character and I'm still getting crashes. I'll try disabling the UI mods. It's just to bad I can't find a spot where it crashes every time. Just running around waiting for it to crash is very time consuming.

Vanilla attempts should result in zero crash activity.

Modded attempts indicate an issue with one or more mod's.

Diagnostics can not be conducted with Nmm use.

Isolating "mods" requires an environment you fully control and data in the games main Data folder is raw vanilla.."no loose files".

you need to decide if the issue warrant's using Mod organizer to isolate the issues found. I can't force you, this is up to you.

The mods them selves need to be downloaded fully in raw formats, By hand, no automation. Archives as some are packaged wrong will need to be inspected and MO allows that, flat tells you it's made wrong.

-------------------------

I'm not pushing the program, I am advising you that there is a better way to discover what "might be a factor" in the mods them selves.

If a package of a mod has sub-folders of sub folders in it, Mo will tell you this and allow you to stop the install and go to explorer windows to unpack and repack the files for that mod. Remove any sub folder structures AKA Data/ what ever...and repack them so the main folder has No data folder in it.

with the tick of a button you can turn off mods at will, move and sort them in any arrangements of overwrite in mind and see what the problem may Entail.

you CAN NOT do that with NMM.

I do this constantly, have been forced to repair thousands of mods due to this fact alone.

when you see on the mod page a set of choices "Nmm packaged compatible" and non Nmm formats, that has a meaning you can not ignore.

Some mods have in them MAC / OS derivatives and they are not telling you this, windows has no way to deal with MAC software packaging's.

Some have choices archived with in archives...now that's Just a mess waiting to happen.

I wish it were as easy for me. I don't have any specific spot that it crashes at making it very hard a frustrating to find what mods are doing this.

Now you do. Now you can find the spots.

Vanilla attempts should result in zero crash activity.

Modded attempts indicate an issue with one or more mod's.

Diagnostics can not be conducted with Nmm use.

Isolating "mods" requires an environment you fully control and data in the games main Data folder is raw vanilla.."no loose files".

you need to decide if the issue warrant's using Mod organizer to isolate the issues found. I can't force you, this is up to you.

The mods them selves need to be downloaded fully in raw formats, By hand, no automation. Archives as some are packaged wrong will need to be inspected and MO allows that, flat tells you it's made wrong.

-------------------------

I'm not pushing the program, I am advising you that there is a better way to discover what "might be a factor" in the mods them selves.

If a package of a mod has sub-folders of sub folders in it, Mo will tell you this and allow you to stop the install and go to explorer windows to unpack and repack the files for that mod. Remove any sub folder structures AKA Data/ what ever...and repack them so the main folder has No data folder in it.

with the tick of a button you can turn off mods at will, move and sort them in any arrangements of overwrite in mind and see what the problem may Entail.

you CAN NOT do that with NMM.

I do this constantly, have been forced to repair thousands of mods due to this fact alone.

when you see on the mod page a set of choices "Nmm packaged compatible" and non Nmm formats, that has a meaning you can not ignore.

Some mods have in them MAC / OS derivatives and they are not telling you this, windows has no way to deal with MAC software packaging's.

Some have choices archived with in archives...now that's Just a mess waiting to happen.

Now you do. Now you can find the spots.

Funny thing is, I'm using Mod Organizer 2 (I prefer it way more than NMM). I only had one mod, that I recall, tell me that it didn't find the game data folder (wearable backpack and pouches 1.4b). And I just didn't install it since I wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't able to set a data folder. http://i.imgur.com/VePECY6.png

So what exactly would I be looking for? Also when downloading a mod, are you talking about manual download?

Is it something like this I'm looking for? -> http://i.imgur.com/SgGnyUm.png

Edited by Vayleos

correct on both accounts, the "data" folder should not be there ,as you know, Mo OR Nmm will place an erroneous extra "data" folder into the path so to end up with two "data" folders.

we can't allow that, the data won't be used and wastes space.

your second image shows a incorrect format and a correct format bellow in that shot.

It's really important for FOMOD's to be written correctly otherwise you end up still with a mess.

Wearable backpacks mod needs to have the Materials as root folder within that archive, NO Data folder. So it ends up installing correctly. <--1rst image shows an incorrect format.

---------- How ever? these indicate a loose file format so the intention of the author was to use it Off line as On line will cause problems if the game will even allow Loose files to load in the first place. Normally the CK packages up the data into ba2 archives and thus removes faults.

the exception is if the data / files were Optimized, and if so? too much so will cause invisible Floats. not showing up in game.

There is an awful amount of things to consider modding this game. where does all the chaos stop?

the key question is just how observant are you going to be?

---------------------

Now, imagine you know a lot, too much to post about, and then take things up a few more levels?

1. Multiple steam installs
  2. Multiple game installs ? More than one of the same game.
  3. Multiple installs of mod Organizer.
  4. Single source for mods The download folder native to the system AKA C:\users/ user name\ Downloads. <-- manual by hand DL's.

Instead of some obscured locations Impossible to find or hidden, wasted duplication's of code on the system to further interfere with thought processes.

A point here, average USE Flash drive of comparable size is 64 gig, install steam, game and tools all onto that. You have limited room to waste.

this can not be done with Nmm, where it can be done with Mo.

Imagine Walmart sells cheap Toshiba flash USB drives and you have a box plumb full of these marked as to what they contain?

------------

A question is formulated on a web site as to aparticular problem. As a human conducting these practices and methods, you use the latter to test things in an Isolated manner and can find the problem quickly.

most problems shown are still a crap shoot too as we are never told the whole story to begin with.

This person doing this stand a hell of a better chance of fixing issues that are wild than some that follow a regiment designed to not user friendly by the means we talk about.

others see nothing but confusion due to programed thoughts. Boxed in.

Thinks outside of that box, use your mind in ways others find confusing and get the facts.

The use of the tools are Opinionated at best. How they are used is more-important than what is used in them.

I have a mod here, written in MAC OS code and have zero means to extract the data, this mod is hosted here , on the nexus site.

It's also hosted on Bethesda in all 3 formats but the containers are still MAC software.

this sort of thing is bad for business.