GECK Crash editing Dialogue WITHOUT RealTek...

I'm trying to edit dialogue to get the paths to put audio files in. Some is dialogue I've created in my own ESP, some is dialogue in higher ESPs from the parent mod I'm making further addon mods to.

Every single flipping time I try to open some - but not all - of these Reply Text lines in the GECK, the damn thing crashes.

And attempting to export even a filtered dialogue list to get dialogue file names ... crashes.

I attempted to get the Reply Text filenames/path/voice name/whatever from NVEdit, and no dice, the entries in NVEdit don't show that info for some reason.

Yes, I was originally using an onboard RealTek driver. And yes, I plugged in a mic. I plugged one into the sound jack in the back, verified it worked... even plugged one into the spare jack on the front, which I'm not even sure was wired in.

I even disabled the onboard sound device in my BIOS.

I went out and got an ASUS sound card, because 1) my onboard wasn't great, and 2) I wanted to be able to get around this crap, and got it in and running. I disabled all other audio devices in Device Manager.

And no dice, the damn thing still crashes when I try to open Replies in most of the Dialogue entries.

Does anybody know of any other things - installed codecs, drivers, anything - that might cause this? Any brilliant solutions about?

Oh, and yes, I've got a mic in the new card just for good measure.