How to make certain enemies appear in pods?

Yarrman

So I'm making an Xcom EU/EW mod of sorts. I'm looking for how to make it so only Sectoids appear in the early pods and later have archons there? I can figure the rest on my own I think. What files do I need to edit and how?

I think it's a bit more complicated than that though. Inside the Missions.ini, there's a whole bunch of parameters that group up a number of aliens and create designated "pods", and then tells which missions have access to such pods. I think you would also need to create new "pod groups" and add them to the pool so each mission can also choose these.

Don't know how to do it, but say you create a pod with 4 sectoids. You then have to add that "all sectoid group" to each mission you want those to pop up. For instance, faceless only appear on terror missions, because their group is only picked by the terror missions. So if you add faceless as followers to every single enemy in the CharacterStats.ini, it won't be enough because only the Terror Mission calls upon the group pod that includes the Faceless.

EDIT: actually I'm not sure anymore. I've been spending the last couple of months creating a new enemy type based off the Archon, and I didn't touch a thing on the Mission parameters, and the enemy has consistently showed up on several missions. So I'm confused. Perhaps for single new enemies it isn't a problem, but if you want specific pod combinations, then you might need to go through the hoops mentioned.

Something like that. I'm sure I've gotten some of that wrong, but you could take a look into some of the new enemy mods and see if they have made changes. I know LW Studios' Muton Centurion does make changes to the Mission.ini file.

Thanks for the answers. I'll try this out.

If anyone has a quick way to take out all Advent soldiers from missions I'd welcome it. I'd just like to test out the Alien units for now.

Edited by Yarrman