KenUI (in development)

Deleted440451User

I saw this mockup posted on /v/

http://i43.tinypic.com/1676xz9.jpg

I thought the layout looked alright. I think a grid would work better than a list to make better use of the space, and perhaps use more of the screen for that and have the 3D view of the item in a smaller space. Since there aren't any icons though, multiple condensed lists would be ideal. Less scrolling to find an item is always better.

Edited by Imrinfected

A grid really wouldn't be better - it's easier to navigate a list and easier to find items in one. Still, that mockup you linked to has the option of showing either a list or a grid, which would be fine by me - but I'll never DL a UI that forces me to use a grid inventory, as I find them near useless, like Morrowind's.

A grid really wouldn't be better - it's easier to navigate a list and easier to find items in one. Still, that mockup you linked to has the option of showing either a list or a grid, which would be fine by me - but I'll never DL a UI that forces me to use a grid inventory, as I find them near useless, like Morrowind's.

Using icons in a grid let's the player locate and recognize items much faster than with a list. With a list, the player has to read each individual item's title, whereas a grid allows the player to simply skim through until they see the right icon. The amount of time for recognition is shortened with a grid and icons.

Like I said though, there aren't any icons and they would be a pain to make. Condensed lists would be acceptable.

I saw this mockup posted on /v/

I thought the layout looked alright. I think a grid would work better than a list to make better use of the space, and perhaps use more of the screen for that and have the 3D view of the item in a smaller space. Since there aren't any icons though, multiple condensed lists would be ideal. Less scrolling to find an item is always better.

That would be this btw:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1278538-skyrim-ui-pc-specific-redesign-no-2/

Grid view is great, but its even better to have both, just like Windows.

That mock up UI that is show above is awesome, I would use smaller fonts and smaller icon in grid view. I want to see as much info at a time as possible, just like Morrowind.

Edited by Kefka.

First:

Move on screen items. I do not want to use a x hair but I want to see my stealth indicator if I choose at the lower part of the screen.

Remove quest updates remove quest start text.

Remove bag empty remove bag/container text (we have to click to see if there is something inside)

Move compass or disable compass (all variants of compass with or without quest markers with some info and not others etc.)

Key remaps (Real remapping of keys without autohotkey)

Health Mana Stamina bar indicators movable resizable or completely removed

Inventory Magic book trade screens all of it redone to add more graphics and more items on screen.

that's a start there

all in all starting with oblivion this consolitis these titles have had is fantastically messed up. At this stage of games and UI design we come to expect customization both skins and moveable elements. Beth titles have nada. thanks for the UI work.