Swaying trees?

saldu

One thing I found very awesome in oblivion was that trees really swayed when there was a storm going on, that was the msot amazing immersion ever.

I'm not sure if basic oblivion had it, or if I added it with a mod.

Does this exist in skyrim? If yes, how do you activate it? Does it auto-deactivate if your system is too crappy?

yes, there is tree swaying in skyrim but it doesn't work very good... sometimes the tree branches and leaves move, sometimes animations are choppy and slow and, mostly, they are completely stuck.. I cannot find a solution, i've looked for some command to type in the ini file but they don't work... is it a bug??

Hello ! Same issue here , I have posted this problem previously . Pine trees never swaying at all and some other fauna , when I get close to it , sways but very Laggy ( like it has very low fps - but the actual game fps is fine ) or Delaying I can say. Seems there is no fix yet for this , and it really bugs me to be hones because when standing still just trying to enjoy the nature a part of the picture just stands still . But I guess this will get fixed sooner or later.

Foliage animations stop if your fps drop below 30,

as for the pine trees not animating at all i think it is something in skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini since they stopped once for me when i edited them but started again when i reverted but i have no idea what setting caused it.

Hey all I found solution 100 % working , I got new SkyrimPrefs.ini from some youtube guy and also:

• Go to C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim ( This is how it is at me and I'm using Windows 7 ).

• Enter SkyrimPrefs.ini

• Find the paragraph or create it if it does not exist , under [Display] section named" fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=x.x ".

Now I set this as high as possible ( set it something like 15000 because too high can actually hit your fps ) it was 0 by default. But it seems at me it resets itself automatically to 5000. So I don't know ... set it like this : fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=15000.0000 ... I guess the bigger the number the smoother and better all fauna sways in the wind.

So here it is this is how I made all fauna move good ( yes it still moves choppy sometimes ). And btw if it is still not working ,besides the SkyrimPrefs.ini located in 'Documents' go to the SkyrimPrefs.ini located where you installed the game > Skyrim folder ( ex: D:\Skyrim\Skyrim ) and do the same thing.

• 2 months later...

besides the SkyrimPrefs.ini located in 'Documents' go to the SkyrimPrefs.ini located where you installed the game > Skyrim folder ( ex: D:\Skyrim\Skyrim ) and do the same thing.

Don't put there the file from my documents though, I just overwrited (silly me) and now I must reinstall the game because it won't work at all.

• 5 months later...

One thing I found very awesome in oblivion was that trees really swayed when there was a storm going on, that was the msot amazing immersion ever.

I'm not sure if basic oblivion had it, or if I added it with a mod.

Does this exist in skyrim? If yes, how do you activate it? Does it auto-deactivate if your system is too crappy?

hi there, i dunno if this works for anyone else, I had the same issue but i put in skyrimprefs.ini, iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3 & iShadowFilter=3.

i then open my enb file (you may not have one but can get it anywhere) and set detailed shadows to false, I still get decent shadows but with no lag effect on the trees