skyrim loading screen issue

kira1002

skyrim load times poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. what is your average load time for skyrim ingame?

• 1-4 seconds
    • 5-9 seconds
    • 10-14 seconds
    • 15-19 seconds
    • greater then 20 seconds

Hello, I am having an issue with Skyrim where the game takes forever to get past the loading screens, it starts up fine, loads saves fine but when I transfer between areas via a loading screen sometimes it takes a few minutes to complete and I have to alt-tab out and back in to prevent it from taking longer, once it took almost HALF AN HOUR to load (after a fast travel), I run the game on low as my machine is a bit old but it runs smooth ingame anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What hard drives are you running? That will be the major factor in loading times

WD6400BEVT 2.5" SATA

I benchmarked it this evening actually using SiSoftware Sandra and it was averaging around 67MBp/s which I know is far from SSD level speed but should still be good enough to run this normally and no other games on my laptop have this issue.

I have two HDDs, they are:

1. Seagate ST3120213A 120GB

2. MAXTOR 6L040J2 40GB

and I have two external harddrives, they are:

1. Medion Store&Go 500GB

2. Samsung 2TB external harddrive

I have yet to benchmark these drives yet, when I do I shall post the results. If anycone can tell me which is the best to use for this game from experience can you please let me know in the meantime?

EDIT: also, my two internal drives are 7,200 RPMs if that matters.

Edited by kira1002

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
It takes me AT LEAST five minutes to load a any save and transfer to new areas. I noticed this immeditely after I installed the cinematic lighting mod. This could be caused by other lighting mods aswell. If any of you have lighting mods installed that could be the problem.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem. I go to load anywhere and it takes forever, but if I ctrl+alt+delete and then hit esc to go back into game it loads instantly.

I can let is sit, but it would take about 30mins.

It used to be instant, or close to loading. I added a bunch of HQ re-textures so I was wondering if it was video lag, and I set them down to low, with no Enb on and it helped... but who can play with no ENB, on lowest settings at 800 x 600 window mode? XD Though those FPS man all over the place! XD.

So yeah I think it's just mad video lag, idk. I know for a fact that I loaded instant before the 3 pak HQ textures. After that took forever. So....

EDIT:

when I tested the lowest graphics, I took the enb .dll out and it worked fine, I placed it back in and it not touched the settings, and it took forever. So maybe it's something with my enb? on my side? I don't know but seems like Skyrim has a problem loading. XD

EDIT: 2

OMG OMG OMG!! Use this

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5695/?

I totally didn't even think of this, but it's a skyrim FPS booster, and it took mine from 16 to 40 with huge ENB and such added on. Looks great with twice the speed, AND AND!!! It loaded my game instantly.. well pretty damn close, went from mins to secs. a MUST have

Get the full package can be used on any game.

Edited by neosky5k