Trying to install a mod, but failing.

NoLiferForLife

To start things off:

My modding skill level on a scale of 1-100: 2.

I have Skyrim, but it is not connected with Steam. I have tried installing mods, but I'm seeing that you need a data folder in the zipped files, containing all of the files that contribute to the mod. Problem is, with the mods I've downloaded, there have been no data folders, but other people have said they have gotten them to work. I've asked around a bit with no success in finding a solution. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by NoLiferForLife

Some mods don't come with one, you'll need to place it inside the data folder. If you get a mod in a data folder, place it in the same file as your data folder. If it's in a texture, mesh, sounds ex.. folder, then place it inside the data folder. I hope this helps. Edited by maniczombie

I've placed the meshes and textures in the data folder within my Skyrim folder, but nothing happens when I play the game. Also, my copy of Skyrim is not purchased from Steam, though I have linked my game up with Steam so I can launch it from there. Any extra help or pointers as to what I'm doing wrong?