How to effectively change my race using console?

njits

I'm trying to change my race using the console but I seem to be having some trouble.

First of all if anyone has some experience changing races in skyrim mid-game, is there

any conflicts or bugs later on if you do? If so please tell me I don't want to do something

that will break my game later on.

Any way so I have a Khajit and I'm not liking it actually the tail clips allot with the armour and

helmets and hats don't look that cool on them, its important to me my character looks cool....

So I have been successful using the console like so:

player.setrace darkelf

Then

showracemenu

And then I start tinkering making my character that way I wont reset my stats.

But the thing is it seems like headgear is now bugged in such a way where what ever you wear

It doesn't morph with your character so your hair and possibly ears or whatnot just go right trough

your helmet,hood,hat etc.

And it just seems overall buggish with beards becoming completely black holes and s***...

Does anyone know here how to effectively do this without getting weird bugs or clipping issues?

It sure as hell doesn't work like it did in Oblivion, anyway help would be really appreciated.

I dont recall having had any visual bugs with showracemenu only.

I have, using showracemenu alone. after i change my character from orc to nord then run around and do quest for hours on end save the game a few times and such, as soon as i go werewolf and come back into nord form im a half nord/orc , nord skin and facial features and orc teeth and hair and eyes, still havent found a way around that yet. any thoughts on that? sometimes i save it right after ive changed the race and still does it, does it even after ive loaded a saved game from a new session of the day with a character ive changed races on.