Fireworks autoload mortars?

dragonslayer2k12

I have been searching and have not found this info yet if it even exists, how do I autoload mortars?

I tried the easy way with console commands to just spawn 10000 fireworks into my inventory then transfer those into a mortar but it bugged the game real bad. The game would freeze every five seconds no matter what I did so I went back to an earlier save and that fixed it. I think the fireworks stuff is heavily scripted and by spawning 10000 of something that may require several scripts EACH item that is what caused the freezing.

Anyway so I made each firework manually but not that many it would take forever and as long as I make each one manually it works fine but I have to load each one and it sucks. I tried making a fireworks manufacturer machine and that makes the things but it takes forever to make even just 100 of something. So what I want to do is setup a machine to make them and they automatically go into each mortar by themselves I don't need to do it myself each mortar. I've seen videos where people loaded up the castle or whatever and set off a bunch of them at one time but that must have taken forever to do.

Wouldnt try to set 10K of each mortar off but yes you can have fireworks last until you turn them off. I did by placing a 5 wide by 3 deep row of mortars on a rooftop. Then loaded each with 500 or so loads. The power bit to them is tricky, must tie all mortars together like a spiderweb. Mine were on an 8th floor rooftop on Spectacle island so I placed a baseball switch (kind meant to hit with a baseball to activate) right on the roofs edge. Then laid a fusebox down on floor, wired it to switch and the switch to just the 1st mortar. In that fashion can enter island through the gates at ground level and just use rifle to scope in on the switch HIT plate and 1st shot starts all your fireworks, 2cd shot stops them :) All mortars will go off until out of charges or you turn off, though.... depending on system you run..... too many mortars at once can easy freeze, might wanna try that and only load 1 or 2 for starts to test with.

Messing around with mortar timing in the terminal makes them last longer at 4 secs or 5 secs delay but still no way to just have them all auto load from the workbench inventory or from the manufacturing machine storage inventory. Would be nice to have them go off for one whole game hour a day like at 11pm every night or something or if settler happiness is at 80 or better.

Not "correct" way to do but could also just use console to add a bunch of firework rounds and then load into the dif mortars. As in "player.additem xx000a4b, 500"... would give ya 500 red firework shells to put in a mortar. Once all mortars full and goto shooting off, they tend to be kinda spaced out so you will probaly get bored watching long before run out of loads. Just kill the power and they stop till you start again. As far as timing to go off at a pre-set time everyday, yes.... that should be possible but would have to be created. Thats not a built in function though could be scripted in to make happen. Would require someone to write a script that checked time of day, settlement happiness level, loads stored, etc. I am not good at scripting myself but you might wanna think about dropping a line in the "Request" section cause is really a good idea and shouldnt be too hard for someone to do.

Edited by GatorByte