CTD problems

Hexent

I'm having the same problems as you with no mods loaded from fresh install. If I launch vanilla I can start a game. If I try to launch F4SE and nothing else, the game crashes. It seems like Bethesda added a script extender killer or the latest F4SE doesn't work at all.

I was having exactly the same problem - it may not be the same as you but my issues were caused because I copied the test folder into my Data - the instructions didn't tell me to do that - it told me to copy the dll's & the exe - I thought I was being clever - when I went into Data/Scripts & Data/Scripts/Source and removed all the stuff added in the test folder - hey presto game fixed - what I get for trying to be a smart arse!

James.

I'm having the same problems as you with no mods loaded from fresh install. If I launch vanilla I can start a game. If I try to launch F4SE and nothing else, the game crashes. It seems like Bethesda added a script extender killer or the latest F4SE doesn't work at all.

I was having exactly the same problem - it may not be the same as you but my issues were caused because I copied the test folder into my Data - the instructions didn't tell me to do that - it told me to copy the dll's & the exe - I thought I was being clever - when I went into Data/Scripts & Data/Scripts/Source and removed all the stuff added in the test folder - hey presto game fixed - what I get for trying to be a smart arse!

James.

i just took a peak, all i have in my source folder not from my fresh install is my F4SE.psc I don't think we had the same issues.

James.

i just took a peak, all i have in my source folder not from my fresh install is my F4SE.psc I don't think we had the same issues.

Sorry didn't help - sounded similar enough to mention - for what it's worth - I don't have F4SE.psc in my scripts folder anymore - it was one of the files that got dumped..... I'm gonna double check.

Edit - Confirmed - I don't have that file anymore, game working perfectly and I definitely used to have it cause I can see it in with the zipped F4SE file.