Skyrim 1.2 patch for PC

TheReverendTholomewPlague

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanksgiving is a holiday in the US that occurs the last Thursday of November. Similar to older harvest festivals. It involves eating a lot - usually a traditional US turkey dinner with family. Then vegetating out on the couch to watch US style football. Most people get Friday off to recover from overeating. Usually the men sleep it off while the women go shopping.

It suposedly originated when a bunch of settlers got together with a bunch of Native Americans for a harvest festeval in the colony of Massachusetts in 1621. Canada has a similar celebration in October, also called Thanksgiving

I've never understood thanksgiving...

You eat lots to celebrate lying to Indians... and the harvest?

In my country `harvest` is marked by donating tins of sweetcorn/ prunes to poor people...

These are good news indeed. :thumbsup:

Thanksgiving is a holiday in the US that occurs the last Thursday of November. Similar to older harvest festivals. It involves eating a lot - usually a traditional US turkey dinner with family. Then vegetating out on the couch to watch US style football. Most people get Friday off to recover from overeating. Usually the men sleep it off while the women go shopping.

It suposedly originated when a bunch of settlers got together with a bunch of Native Americans for a harvest festeval in the colony of Massachusetts in 1621. Canada has a similar celebration in October, also called Thanksgiving

He have something similar here, except it's pigs instead of turkeys and soccer(wich we also call football) and it does not have a stable date like yours, it just starts a couple of weeks before the Christmas holidays and ends on the 3rd Christmas day, when most of us are to fed up to keep it going. It's also that time of the year when 911 calls triple(there are actualy 10x the normal rate), as if there won't be any pork meat left for the rest of the year. :happy:

.... It involves eating a lot - usually a traditional US turkey dinner with family. Then vegetating out on the couch to watch US style football. Most people get Friday off to recover from overeating. Usually the men sleep it off while the women go shopping.

I love bben's interpretation of Thanksgiving. LOL. Especially the "watching football" part. :tongue: Hee hee. That's pretty much how my in-laws celebrate Thanksgiving. My family just sits down to an extravagant meal together and then ... ummm. ... nothing else.