Forced Finishers/Deathblows

justcrafted

Yeah I agree, we need finishers for magic and archery as well, maybe fists too! Basically anything that does damage should have a deathblow.

Deathblows make the combat so much more satisfying. ^^

Agreed. It's kinda disturbing seeing how virtual gore can be so satisfying for me. For bow, they could just show the enemy with the being pushed back a bit and falling on the ground in slowmo. The enemy must scream in pain, of course. No fun without screams of pain. I really don't see why Bethesda made deathblows so rare.

I have seen deathblows occur even when the attack I was going to do wouldn't have normally been a 1hko attack. For example, I know with X weapon a normal attack only does 1/2 of X enemies health but sometimes a deathblow happens with that attack and 1hkos them. Its probably a set critical chance, that is much higher % if the attack you are using will automatically kill them, but still happens sometimes even if the attack you are using wont kill them. If someone could figure out the coding and make attacks that will kill a 100% deathblow without making every single attack a deathblow then you could make a balanced mod. Edited by Beriallord

only two lines I've found are

killmove (may have been plural, killmoves) = 1

killmoverandom = 50

Changing these values did nothing..

I thought I was onto something when I made killmoverandom = 100(or 0, can't remember), and executed a kill move right after resurrecting my test subject, but all further attacks were normal..

(a normal stealth attack only hit for about 1/3 their health and then it's a 'fair' fight and I lose cause my attacks deal so little damage.. wtf :/ )

I don't know how you're doing it, but there is nothing than can survive a backstab from my assassin.

With the Assassin's Blade perk from the sneak tree and the X2 backstab damage from the gloves, my dagger hit for X30. With some skill in one-handed and a nice dagger, without dual-wield, I don't see anyone or anything short of a dragon surviving this.

Bladesman gives crit to daggers as well? :D The desc just said swords which I was very disappointed about.