Is there a mod that applies the concept "less is more" in armors?

zdswulyx

Scripting in Oblivion is great, though. Have you done any scripting for Morrowind? I read through the tutorials (pdf form, should be somewhere on the Internet) but never got around to actually writing anything. The Morrowind scripting looks so restricted, even with MWSE. And if I inderstood the tutorials correctly, the way of incorporating MWSE scripts into mods would be a lot less straightforward than with the newer titles. Oblivion with OBSE is more flexible, and at least that part might be better than the Morrowind equivalent.

Edited by Contrathetix

Scripting in Oblivion apparently (I don't have much experience atm) better than Morrowind, but I find your scale strange if you call it "great." Try to mod around with Doom3 to see what "great" mean.

In Morrowind it plain sucked, the scripting engine and language looked like it was written by 3rd-schooler without any idea of what a compiler is. I am not kidding it was a totally incoherent mess; depending of the function the behavior could be different with often confusion between basic concepts like classes and instances. It was also stupidly easy to break the game doing totally normal stuff.

I am aware of the Bethesda business model is to do a barely sufficient game, release and leave modders do the rest. I can understand it's an efficient way to make money (why do good, when cheaper and bad would suffice?) so I am not really complaining; it's just how business works. In Morrowind obviously there was no planning at all, the scripting has been randomly extended as needed for the currently written quest.

At least there are modders.

About my mod, my Baggage mod is going well, but now I am not working so much on it because I moved and another deadline is coming.

Edited by zdswulyx

My scale is a bit interesting, yes. It is just that, sometimes doing simple straightforward things while concentrating on the actual functionality is relaxing in the evenings. It is still very limited, sometimes a bit clunky, too, but it is not as heavy on the brain or as error prone as C or such. And the effects can be seen almost instantly, with eyes. So it is not "great" from a 'functionality' point of view, but from a 'relaxing hobby' point of view. A sort of dumbed-down sandbox to play around in. If that makes any sense. I am just a simple person, and need something simple every now and then. Compared to the Morrowind one it is an improvement, a "great" improvement I think.

Good luck with your project! This is the last week of this summer course thing, and I need to finish my assignments before the end of it. If everything goes great, I should have some of the next month available for modding before the next term (or whatever it is called in English) begins. I hope your new home has pleasant neighbours, ours just acquired a dog, and it keeps barking all day, all the way to midnight.