Taking Lore-Friendly suggestions

Starsickle

Hey folks!

I'm looking to make some mods for Skyrim, and I'm looking for ideas. I typically like to do Lore-friendly and subtle mods, and I plan to do at least one mod in a similar fashion to a Fallout 3 Mod I did.

But I'd like to fill the quest and adventure niche. Not many people make them, and very few do a good job.

So - if you have anything nice and Lore-friendly that you'd like to see me do, post up.

If there's anything subtle concerning gameplay or balance, feel free to post, too. Keep in mind that I don't think a mod like my Save the Casters are necessary.

I also don't mind doing really involved companions (in fact, I might make a pack down the road), but I think I'll need help or permission to use a really good script.

So far:

- I want to remake my Finder's Keepers's mod for Skyrim. This was a great mod idea, and I think Skyrim fits it even better.

- Something Telvanni-oriented

- Something Clutter-oriented

- Something Alcohol-oriented

Edited by blast0r

I'd like a drunken bar crawl in the style of the "A Night to Remember" quest except you're in (limited) control of events :D Maybe distort the player's perception of things, use a beautiful woman and let the player find out later that it was an ugly hag, have a very difficult battle with a strong warrior only to find out later that it was some weak and sickly guy... :D

One thing that strikes me is that the role as head of your guild is largely an empty one. You have no duties and responsibilities.

How about your underlings periodically send you letters while on your travels, asking you to look into certain things? For instance, find a certain object, or maybe interfere with other guild's quests lines.

I became archmage recently - I'm finding very little to do myself.

I think it'd be a good idea. I don't particularly like the college, so I'm not sure where I would go with it, at least off the top of my head. Maybe something as simple as short duties and administrative tasks would be fine.

I like the brewery idea every time I think of it. I might take some time to plan it out.

I would love to rebuild Winterhold, but I'd want that mod to be huge.

I'd like a drunken bar crawl in the style of the "A Night to Remember" quest except you're in (limited) control of events :D Maybe distort the player's perception of things, use a beautiful woman and let the player find out later that it was an ugly hag, have a very difficult battle with a strong warrior only to find out later that it was some weak and sickly guy... :D

Haha yes, that would be awesome, have the player drink something that heavily distorts the player and then he looks around the room and people start swinging at him and you fist fight them all. Then you look at the bar and some guy is insulting you and all kinds of stuff and so you beat him up too. When you come to you realize it was a frail old blind man begging you not to hurt him.

Oh I would feel absolutely TERRIBLE.

I think it would be cool to look at how Skyrim looked when the Dwemer were running things. Basically converting Dwemer ruins into cities and erasing the cities from Skyrim that exist there now. Assuming Nords were around (I assume those draugr filed tombs are as old as the Swemer ruins), you could fight Foresworn looking people outside and dragons and maybe giants have a much larger grip over the world. But the main thing would just be converting Dwemer ruins into cities. That could be really cool. Maybe give Falmer their own cities too, or whatever they were back when Dwemer ran things (cave elves?). It sounds ambitious but it would largely be about taking out the cities, towns and forts there now and giving more prominence to the ruins that already exist (because this is when they were active). That could be cool. Have Dwemer, early nords, and the dragon worshipers that later bacame druagr running things. And maybe some prehistoric variants of existing fauna (superbears, other giant species, etc.) Should give you a lot to work with. There are certainly enough Dwemer books to get a decent idea of how things were back then.