How to open .fuz audio samples?

Mintois

Basically i just wanna play around with some samples from ingame i have plenty of time to find whats what i just dont know how to listen to them.

Again the extension is .fuz and are audio.

Google didnt answer this one sorry. =/

Thanks in advance!

.fuz basically combine lip-syncing data and xWMA audio. Open the files in a HEX editor (like the hex editor plugin in Notepad++) and remove the blocks before the "RIFF" string. Then you can rename the file to .xwm and use programs like xWMAplay to listen to them and xWMAEncode from the DirectX SDK to convert them to WAV.

I wrote a python script that automatically converts .fuz files to .xwm, just run it in the directory with the files and it will convert them.

Edited by liag247

• 1 year later...

.fuz basically combine lip-syncing data and xWMA audio. Open the files in a HEX editor (like the hex editor plugin in Notepad++) and remove the blocks before the "RIFF" string. Then you can rename the file to .xwm and use programs like xWMAplay to listen to them and xWMAEncode from the DirectX SDK to convert them to WAV.

I wrote a python script that automatically converts .fuz files to .xwm, just run it in the directory with the files and it will convert them.

tried to use your *.py , lost in ortography , geve me 1 example please , thanks .

Edited by EgorEgor

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...