Mount for companions mod request

shadowcage

I dont know how complicated or how simple it would be to do this as i have no history whatsoever in modding other than years of using them. Id be willing to learn and or help with this request if needed but the idea is this.

To create a mod that would allow your companions to have a horse or other mount of their own. I think this would be possible if you could find the part of the script on the player character where it tells the pc to mount the horse etc and just paste that into the AI for the NPC companion. Maybe code it in where in the conversation with them when it says you need them to do something, when you pointed the cursor at a horse or other mount if somebody added more later that it would mount that horse and they could follow you. It just feels kindve wrong running around and the NPC companions are on foot and they get left behind and the AI makes them run way out of the way etc and you have to wait on them to catch up. At least this way they would be able to keep up a bit better and if a modder could pull this off it would add to the immersion value of the game ten fold i believe.

Anyways this isnt a big deal and im sure all the modders here get swamped with requests. But just so you understand im not lazy and would be happy to make this myself i just have no history with making mods and wouldnt know where to begin. Anyway if anybody would consider this id be greatful to you and think a lot of people would enjoy this mod. However if not, No big deal.

Edited by shadowcage

I second this as i'm sick of having to choose between using my horse to travel faster or having my companions with me in case I run into an enemy besides Skeevers and Wolves. And I agree that it feels wrong to leave Lydia in the dust (or whoever I happen to be travelling with at the time).