I have found some good things about Marriage (Remarriage)

sirxazor

Well, for the last three days I have been finding a way to remarry in this game. I know, crazy but it bothers me not being able to do something in this sandbox game.

I have found that they DID add the option to divorce... it is called "Break Up"

in the console, I have found this:

RelationshipMarriage 13489 and 19DD5 'The Bonds of Matrimony' (this is the quest that you get AFTER you show you are interested in someone, then they tell you to plan the wedding)

RelationshipMarriageBreakUp 7431B 'Player has broken up with the love interest'

and these dialects for the quest:

RelationshipMarriageBreakUpBlockingTopic (74315) '...'

RelationshipMarriageBreakHurtful (74313) 'I never loved you, anyway'

RelationshipMarriageBreakReconcile (74314) 'It was a mistake. Can we start over?'

I have tried EVERYTHING to get the quest going, I have used the commands getqr setstage startquest etc and nothing works.

In my conclusion, there is something in the game preventing you to override your marriage status. You can see more interesting stuff by typing help marriage 0 in the console... hopes this help someone do what I couldn't :S

UPDATE:

I have finally REMARRIED!

After setting my stages to 250, coming out of the house then back in I saw less options in my wife... so then I killed her, then resurrected her and she left!

Now I can marry anybody I want, FINALLY.

This might be a bit morbid, but if you, say, arrange an accident involving fireball and your wife/husband... You will not be able to remarry?

To me, I tried this and it did NOT work.

However,

After messing around with the console, I was finally able to remarry.

UPDATE:

After setting my stages to 250, coming out of the house then back in I saw less options in my wife... so then I killed her, then resurrected her and she left!

What do you mean by this? And can you redo the marriage quest with another NPC again?

Edited by Shadic15

UPDATE:

What console command did you finally end up using?

Is there anyway to get rid of Aerin after marrying Mjoll? He continues to follow her around after you get hitched and really crowds up the Breezehome.

I eventually resorted to taking him out back and introducing him to some not-so-friendly giants; but it'd be nice to know that there are other alternatives to murder.