Is there a way to mod the speed of the AI races so they are all differ

wolfstriker

Hello,would like to know if you can change the "player.setav speedmult 100" for AI races.Trying to make a mod that gives slight advantages and disadvantages dependent on movement speed.So far my initial trials by fighting a dark elf and setting my speed 5 to 25 points higher makes for interesting game mechanics and just feels more real compared to the run away and hope that you have more stamina then opponent the game came out with.Feels more real with variety in enemy fights. Edited by wolfstriker

I wanna make nords and orcs slowest with say Imperials/bretons in between and the beast races fastest.Just small changes that add a feel to playing a higher agility race compared to a less agile but stronger race.It adds more immersion when I change my own speed and is very good effect.Its like when the game slows down your movement speed upon drawing a weapon,not in your face but you feel a difference and it makes sense.Plus it adds a combat tactic to the agile archer classes that you can actually run away,turn and fire or find a good vantage point like a high ledge to attack from.Whats great is that most enemies just resort to archery themselves if you stray too far and the mechanics make up for it by allowing this in outdoor areas better but indoors its not really advantageous.

But its done wrong in skyrim as they just made all races the same speed and added in the stamina increase allowing you to run further effect.Its an rpg and in rpg's you have different speeds for different creatures and different strength and stamina etc.This is just one area of many where the devs decided that there should be no distinction for any of the races.Its same with female characters being the exact same as male....my mind dosn't compute this and it ruins the experience for me.Why not make a hard stat change for a human female that lowers her strength and increaes her agility making her slightly better at archery and less at melee etc.Basically every race is the same and will hence "feel" the same while playing since its really just a graphical difference at work in Skyrim.But again its an rpg and should for gameplay and replay reasons feel different when playing a different race.

Try it your self.Use this in console and you'll be 25 points higher than all the other characters in game.But its too fast and really the AI needs to be slowed down to give roleplay stats back to skyrim.

player.setav speedmult 125

Why not make a hard stat change for a human female that lowers her strength and increaes her agility making her slightly better at archery and less at melee etc.Basically every race is the same and will hence "feel" the same while playing since its really just a graphical difference at work in Skyrim.But again its an rpg and should for gameplay and replay reasons feel different when playing a different race.

You believe that melee is all about sheer strength? What about fencing then? The gender difference can't be translated in such a way, it was an oversimplification in Oblivion and what you're suggesting is probably even worse.

Its a simple model of combat I know but it works,take for example D&D where strength increase makes you a fighter and agility an archer type.You can try to make a PC game into a realistic combat model but I doubt anyone would succeed.But if a simple change to the magicka/health/stamina part of leveling were to happen you could revert the game back to making tanks and high agility or even pure magic characters would suffice.

Since its just me that likes the feel of speed difference of 75 for orcs and nords to 105 for the beast types I will just do that on my end for my character I am playing only.And I doubt the game allows to set stats for each race.So my new question is does anyone know how to set the "player.setav speedmult XX" in the skyrim.ini so that it works.I tried putting it under [player] and under [general] but neither stuck.