known glitches

cduron

I've been playing Skyrim for over 70 hours now and i'm still enjoying it a lot, but there are a few 'game-breakers' that prevent me from starting or completing several quests. I was wondering if either Bethesda will patch these anytime soon or if someone could tell me how to avoid these sort of things.

What's been bothering me so far: (BE CAREFUL, SMALL SPOILERS MIGHT BE HIDDEN BELOW)

-In my current game i've completed the stormcloak rebellion quest line. When i talk to certain npc's i get the option to talk about a certain guy who was executed not long ago in the streets and what their opinion was about it. This scene never happened for me because i never visited Solitude before the final quest of the stormcloak rebellion. Nothing game breaking about this, just a missing cutscene (i also don't know if this scene involves a quest).

-After the stormcloak rebellion i started a quest for a shopkeeper go find a certain person for her. After starting the quest i'm supposed to go talk to the captain of the imperial army for information about the location of this missing person. The issue is that this person no longer exists in my game because i believe i killed her during the stormcloak rebellion quest line.

-When trying to buy a house in Winterhold i couldn't buy it just yet because of several murders happening around the city, when trying to find out more about these murders there isn't a single npc with any real information about it. When using google to find some tips it appears that a murder should happen in the graveyard and a guard should talk to me about it, however this murder never seems to take place and the person who's supposed to get murdered is still hanging around he local tavern

So far these are all of the issues i've had to start/complete quests. Any hints?

-After the stormcloak rebellion i started a quest for a shopkeeper go find a certain person for her. After starting the quest i'm supposed to go talk to the captain of the imperial army for information about the location of this missing person. The issue is that this person no longer exists in my game because i believe i killed her during the stormcloak rebellion quest line.

I have this one too. My quest marker just points to a spot on the ground in the area where the Captain should be found.

Skyrim's freewheeling nature lets players basically "do whatever the want" in whatever order they wish to do it. I suspect it's completely impossible to allow this and at the same time to allow all of the scripted, linear storylines work proplerly at times.

It's just that the two concepts...complete freedom, and also a 1-2-3 story sometimes end up in conflict. I wouldn't consider this a game glitch so much as the cost of endless freedom of choices. You can't have it both ways and succeed.

Now, I have heard that the game supposedly keeps track of where you have been and changes locations for quests and stuff, which is cool. But, I think it's being pretty hard on the game makers to expect that you can kill people and then expect themor a quest needing them to play out later in the game, eh?

Just my two cents. I'm amazed at the depth of this game world myself, There is just so much you can do, and so many ways you can accomplish things that I'm still pretty flabergasted. I think it's Bethesda's masterpiece, really, having played everything from Daggerfall to now.