ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

Why would I kill Paarthurnax?

He is the only character in the main quest that outright helps you without asking anything in return.

He tells you about Alduin's secret.

He lets you meditate to gain greater control over your shouts.

He also has an completely awesome voice.

Screw the Blades, I love em but they are making a huge fuss over something that happened thousands of years before either of them were born!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mixed feelings here.

I feel he only helps you because he is damn afraid Alduin will chop him up once Alduin is done with you. He could betray you any minute.

However, what makes the Blade think they can controll me? If anything I decide over them. Meh.

I feel he only helps you because he is damn afraid Alduin will chop him up once Alduin is done with you. He could betray you any minute.

He'd be an utter moron to betray you after he provided the key to learning Dragonrend. I'm sure it's possible that he could just wait a few decades till you've died of natural (or unnatural) causes and make his bid for power, but if here were going to do that, why spend a thousand years meditating and generally being helpful? That's a pretty long charade to keep up.

but if here were going to do that, why spend a thousand years meditating and generally being helpful? That's a pretty long charade to keep up.

Well, when you are used to waiting thousand upon thousand of year, time becomes less of a thing. If you got no death-by-age set, time itself means nothing. So I doubt he'd care too much.

I don't know, he just seem too shady for my taste. I take him over the Bades, since he doesn't try to command me, but ... eh.. I don't know.

Once again, the strongest proof that Paarthurnax isn't evil lies in all that he hasn't done.

I can't deny that logic but considering TES's past... I just don't see why they would bother with giving you the choice with out there being some sort of repercussion, I mean there's bound to be something that refer's to that decision in particular. I mean in all honesty it wasn't Paarthurnax that taught dragonrend Nor was it Paarthurnax that told you where the gateway to Sovngarde was. He simply said Hey the old Hero's used a Elder Scroll here to banish Alduin, He didn't even say where the Elder Scroll was OR how to get it.

Considering that the Greybeard's say that they only vist Paarthurnax on rare occasion's. You have to keep in my mind that The Greybeard's ARE NOT DRAGONBORN, There for.. It take's them a considerable amount of time to be able to use a shout. I doubt that Paarthurnax has little if anything to do with the Greybeard's training, I mean in all honesty if there was any reason he stayed there it was for the fact that he knew there would be free food and protection. I mean He said he was waiting for the return of the Dragonborn, Ok well apparently so was the guard that approaches you right after you defeat your first dragon.

I mean look at Alduin's wall, The Blade's hit the nail right on the head as far as how everything was going to go down. Not to mention there the one's who found out about Dragonrend, Arngeir wouldn't have told you and I bet that Paarthurnax wouldn't have either if you hadn't brought it up.

My point being Paarthurnax isn't all that important if you can kill him and since you cant kill the Blade's i'm assuming that Paarthurnax will end up dead either way... My money is on the Blade's it's either that or you will be forced to do it yourself down the line.

Beside's if he truly is as fragile as everyone think's why not end his suffering now?

Paarthurnax wasn't even that much help I would say Odahviing was far more helpful not to mention once in Sovngarde you would have met the hero's of old and they could have taught you Dragonrend then and there....

I feel he only helps you because he is damn afraid Alduin will chop him up once Alduin is done with you

So he is afraid Alduin will "chop him up" but not afraid that the Dovahkin who actually chopped up Alduin will do the same? not a very smart fella is he?

After I got "Odahving" I payed my good "Friends", the Blades, a visit. Did not really bother me that they cant die....it was actually more the fun for me. They were cut down, incinerated, shocked, tossed down the cliffs, smashed, pierced, frozen and so on for as long as I thought was necessary for such a stupid request as they made. If they were not a stupid AI who resets after 3 days....they would have get it.

No killing Paarthurnax for I am Dovah!

Edited by Arcadiast

but not afraid that the Dovahkin who actually chopped up Alduin will do the same? not a very smart fella is he?

Why be afraid of a mortal that will grow weak and die of old age? I would be more afraid of Alduin than Dovahkin, if neither hunted me. One lives untill killed, one dies after a very short time compared to the lifespan of a dragon.

Besides, you - the dovahkin, got nothing against him. He can betray you, but you are not going to kill him randomly. Alduin, on the other hand, would sink his teeth into him if he had a chance. I'd be afraid of what hunts me, not the guy knowing almost nothing, but fights either way.

but not afraid that the Dovahkin who actually chopped up Alduin will do the same? not a very smart fella is he?

Why be afraid of a mortal that will grow weak and die of old age? I would be more afraid of Alduin than Dovahkin, if neither hunted me. One lives untill killed, one dies after a very short time compared to the lifespan of a dragon.

Besides, you - the dovahkin, got nothing against him. He can betray you, but you are not going to kill him randomly. Alduin, on the other hand, would sink his teeth into him if he had a chance. I'd be afraid of what hunts me, not the guy knowing almost nothing, but fights either way.

But isn't that what vampirism is for?